This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||August 2010|
220.127.116.11 / March 22, 2019
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, Android, iOS|
|Type||Remote desktop, remote support|
Splashtop, previously Splashtop Remote, is a family of remote-desktop software and remote support software solutions, developed by Splashtop Inc. Splashtop enables users to connect to and control computers from desktop and mobile devices. Unlike products using the Remote Desktop Protocol, Splashtop Remote uses a proprietary protocol capable of delivering real-time video and audio to the remote user at low latency at 60 or more frames per second.
Splashtop products focus on remote computer access and collaboration solutions for business professionals, IT, MSPs, support, help desk, education, and consumers. The products include:
- Splashtop Business Access – a low cost, subscription-based remote desktop software for business professionals
- Splashtop Remote Support – subscription-based remote support solution focused on IT professionals and MSPs remotely managing computers and servers
- Splashtop SOS – subscription-based, on-demand remote support solution used by technical support teams and help desks to remotely access and support computers and mobile devices
- Splashtop Classroom – an education classroom collaboration solution allowing teachers to share content and application across computers, iPads and Chromebooks
- Splashtop Personal – a consumer-focused remote computer access solution for personal use
- Mirroring360 – screen mirroring and screen sharing for education and business
Splashtop remote desktop applications map the screen of the mobile device to the screen of the remote computer, so that users can interact with the remote computer using intuitive touch-to-click controls and zoom in using the pinch gesture. Gestures are used to replace mouse and keyboard controls. For example, a two-finger drag gesture is used to scroll within windows, generally mapping to the mouse wheel controller. iPhone or iPad native software keyboard, modified to include special keys, such as Ctrl, Alt, or Delete, is used for text input.
The current versions of Splashtop Streamer are available for Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10 including the Home Premium versions, which do not support RDP as well as for Windows Server versions 2003, 2008 and 2016. Splashtop also has support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and later versions.
The Splashtop Remote Desktop client application is available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch from the Apple App Store, as well as Android (including Kindle Fire), Windows and Mac, and Chromebook. 
Splashtop Inc.'s (then DeviceVM Inc.) first product, named Splashtop OS, was an ‘instant-on’ Linux-based computing platform designed for fast, efficient computing. The company partners with OEMs and manufacturers to integrate its core technology into personal computers worldwide.
Splashtop Inc. launched its Splashtop Remote product in August 2010. Splashtop Remote became the top selling iPad application in a number of countries.
The original Splashtop Remote product was split into multiple products with the release of Splashtop Business in 2013. The original consumer-focused solution was renamed Splashtop Personal. Splashtop Remote Support was announced in 2015 as Splashtop Business for Remote Support and later renamed Splashtop Remote Support. Splashtop On-Demand Support was introduced in 2015.
- Splashtop – A better alternative to LogMeIn and TeamViewer
- Splashtop Streamer Download requirements
- DeviceVM, Inc. officially becomes Splashtop Inc.
- https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODczNw Remember SplashTop? Here's An Update On Them
- Splashtop Instant-On Desktop from DeviceVM Archived 2007-10-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Splashtop Introduces SaaS Desktop Rendering with Splashtop Business
- Splashtop Launches Splashtop Business for Remote Support, the Simple, Reliable, and Cost-Effective Replacement for LogMeIn and TeamViewer
- Splashtop Launches Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) for MSPs and IT Professionals