St. George's Grammar School (Hyderabad)
|St. George's Grammar School|
|School type||Christian missionary|
|Motto||Perseverantia Omnia Vincit|
(Perseverance Conquers All Things)
|Patron saint(s)||St. George|
|Founder||British Officers, Nizam of Hyderabad|
|Oversight||Medak Diocese, Church of South India|
|Medium of language||English|
|School colour(s)||Maroon and Grey|
St. George's Grammar School is a private school located at Abids, Hyderabad. It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
The school was established in 1834, named "Hyderabad Residency School" to cater to the educational needs of the children of the British community serving the government in Hyderabad. It is the oldest English medium school of the city and one of the oldest in India.
- Sarojini Naidu
- Rakesh Sharma
- Idris Hasan Latif
- Ali Nawaz Jung Bahadur
- K. T. Rama Rao
- Abid Hasan
- Mirza Hameeduallah Beg
- Hasan Gafoor
- Suresh Oberoi
- Vinai Thummalapalli
- Reporter, Staff (2010-12-24). "When old memories came alive". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- Reporter, Staff (2010-12-22). "Grammar School crosses milestone". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- "St.George's Grammer School". stgeorgesgrammarschool.in. Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- "Nawab Ali Nawaz Jang: an unsung great Indian engineer | The Siasat Daily". archive.siasat.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "A birthday special on KTR." ap7am.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- Reddy, Captain Pandu Ranga. "Meet Abid Hasan, Hyderabadi who gave 'Jai Hind' slogan". www.siasat.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.