Stage Struck (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Live album by Rory Gallagher|
|Released||2 November 1980|
|Recorded||November 1979–July 1980|
|Rory Gallagher chronology|
Stage Struck is the eleventh album and the third live album by Irish singer/guitarist Rory Gallagher. Released in 1980, it documents his world tour in support of his 1979 album Top Priority. Accordingly, it features many songs from that album, but it also includes songs from his previous albums. The album sees Gallagher taking a faster-paced, more hard rock sound than on his previous blues-dominated live albums. Originally released with eight tracks, Stage Struck was augmented with two bonus tracks ("Bad Penny" and "Key Chain") when reissued in 1999, four years after Gallagher's death, by his younger brother and manager, Donal Gallagher.
In 2005, Stage Struck was ranked number 419 in Rock Hard magazine's book of The 500 Greatest Rock & Metal Albums of All Time.
All songs composed by Rory Gallagher.
- "Shin Kicker" [from Photo-Finish] – 3:58
- "Wayward Child" [from Top Priority] – 4:32
- "Brute Force and Ignorance" [from Photo-Finish] – 4:32
- "Moonchild" [from Calling Card] – 6:06
- "Follow Me" [from Top Priority] – 5:56
- "Bought and Sold" [from Against the Grain] – 4:39
- "The Last of the Independents" [from Photo-Finish] – 5:39
- "Shadow Play" [from Photo-Finish] – 5:08
CD bonus track
- Rory Gallagher – producer
- Mark Jessett – art direction