The Kennedy Developmental Road seen at Stamford Roadhouse
|Population||75 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Flinders|
The town is on the Kennedy Developmental Road that links Hughenden and Winton, 1,504 kilometres (935 mi) north west of the state capital, Brisbane and 446 kilometres (277 mi) west of the regional centre of Townsville.
On 9 June 2003 in the Queen's Birthday Honours List, Mrs Jean Eva Anderson of Ballater Station of Stamford was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for her "service to the community of Hughenden, particularly through the Country Womens Association". She had given 52 years of service to the Hughenden branch of the Queensland Country Women's Association. Her award was presented to her by the then Governor of Queensland, Quentin Bryce.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Stamford (Flinders Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Stamford - town (entry 32168)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Stamford - town (entry 42488)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 12 June 2017.
- "Stamford". Shire of Flinders. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Portrait of Mrs Jean Anderson of Stamford with Order of Australia medal, 2003". Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "ANDERSON, Jean Eva". It's an Honour. Australian Government. Archived from the original on 2 January 2019. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
Media related to Stamford, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons