This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may interest only a particular audience.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(September 2017) (
|Birth name||Steffany Dawn Frizzell|
|Also known as||Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger, Steffany Frizzell|
|Born||not verified in body]November 8, 1984 [|
|Genres||Contemporary Christian, praise and worship, folk|
|Occupation(s)||Worship leader, singer-songwriter|
Steffany Gretzinger (November 8, 1984) is a Christian music singer-songwriter and ensemble vocalist with Bethel Music, In Redding California. She released her first solo album, The Undoing, with Bethel Music in 2014. The album was a Billboard magazine breakthrough release, reaching number twenty in the magazine's Billboard 200, and also gained top five status among Christian and independent albums in September 2014.
Steffany Gretzinger works mainly as a worship leader with Bethel Music, a part of Bethel Church in Redding, California, where she has been involved in three of Bethel Music's releases, including on background vocals for Be Lifted High (2011, as Steffany Frizzell), including singing One Thirst with fellow Bethel collective member Jeremy Riddle.[better source needed]She also performed background vocals on fellow Bethel Music member William Matthews' release, Hope's Anthem (2011, as Steffany Frizzell).
Another release from such a gathering that was very well received was The Loft Sessions (2012, again as Steffany Frizzell), where she was a featured vocalist and composer (and performed background vocals). The Loft Sessions was live recording made "over several nights of worship sessions" in a rustic, refurbished loft,[where?] on which she was featured singing You Know Me (solo) and My Dear (with Hunter Thompson). That same year, she was featured on the album For the Sake of the World, singing the hit song Closer.[better source needed] She joined Bethel again with substantial work on their release of Tides (2013), also released internationally (e.g., on the Onimusic label in Brazil), with her songs Letting Go and Be Still.[better source needed]
Gretzinger's first solo album, The Undoing (2014), presented her singing eleven original praise and worship pieces, accompanied by guitar and piano, and was released in August by Bethel Music. The album was a Billboard magazine breakthrough release, and appeared on the Top Christian Albums chart at No. 2, the Independent Albums chart at No. 5, and the Billboard 200 chart at No. 20.
Since recording The Undoing, Gretzinger has been featured on two further Bethel Music albums, You Make Me Brave (2014) singing her song We Dance,[better source needed] and Have It All (2016) singing her song Pieces,[better source needed] the latter of which was also featured on fellow Bethel member Amanda Cook's release, Brave New World (Amanda Cook album) (2015).[better source needed]
On March 9, 2018, Bethel Music announced the release of Steffany Gretzinger's second full-length studio project, "Blackout", as well as releasing the lead single, 'Save Me'. "Blackout" was released on March 29, 2018 and debuted #1 on iTunes in the Christian & Gospel genre, as well as #3 overall.
This section needs expansion with: further published description on the style of this artists performance and writing. You can help by adding to it. (April 2017)
Gretzinger's contributions at Bethel Music is to a sound that has been described as being distinct from that of other such Christian worship groups, for instance, with their creating a sound landscape (paisagem sonora) that is "colorful, progressive, and sometimes explosive, drawing heavily on analog synthesizers and pulsating beats" (colorida, progressiva, e às vezes explosiva; baseando-se pesadamente em sintetizadores analógicos e ritmos pulsates) for the album, Tides, in 2013.
With regard to her personal and solo style, Gretzinger's songwriting and singing has been described as powerful by Steve Leggett at AllMusic.com, who characterizes her choice of instrumental production in The Undoing as "stripped-down, intimate piano and guitar".
Steffany Gretzinger is married to Stephen Gretzinger. They have one child, and live in Redding California, where she is a worship pastor at Bethel Church. Gretzinger has been engaged in worship ministry since childhood and grew up in a musical household. Her mother, Kathy Frizell, was involved in the Christian music industry in Nashville, TN, as a writer. Kathy is currently a worship leader at Wooster Church of the Nazarene in Wooster, Ohio. Steffany's dad, Ron Frizell, is one of the associate pastors on staff at Wooster Nazarene.  Steffany Gretzinger attended the Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in 2008. This information is accurate as of April 2017. 
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2017||"King of My Heart"
(with Bethel Music and Jeremy Riddle)
(with Bethel Music and Amanda Cook)
- "Steffany Frizzell: Credits". San Francisco CA: RhythmOne, LLC. 2017. Retrieved March 31, 2017 – via AllMusic.com.
- "Be Lifted High". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- O'Brien, Jon (2016). "Bethel Music, The Loft Sessions: AllMusic Review…". San Francisco CA: RhythmOne, LLC. Retrieved March 31, 2017 – via AllMusic.com.
…newcomers Hunter Thompson and Steffany Frizzell equip themselves well on the delightfully twinkling "My Dear" and the orchestral melancholy of "You Know Me"…
- "Bethel Music Release New Live CD-DVD 'The Loft Sessions'". January 23, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2016 – via LouderThanTheMusic.com.
- "The Loft Sessions". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "For the Sake of the World". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- Leggett, Steve (2017). "Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger: Biography". San Francisco CA: RhythmOne, LLC. Retrieved March 31, 2017 – via AllMusic.com.
Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger has worked primarily as a worship leader, but her powerful singing and praise [and] worship songwriting have been featured on several Bethel Music songs and albums… She released her debut solo album, The Undoing, featuring 11 of her praise [and] worship songs in a stripped-down, intimate piano and guitar style, in 2014.
- Lopes, Leiliane Roberta (August 11, 2013). "Bethel Music lança o CD "Tides" gravado em estúdio" [Bethel Music Releases the CD "Tides," a Studio Recording]. Gospel Prime (in Portuguese). San Francisco, CA: GospelPrime.com.br. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
…gravado em estúdio e distribuído no Brasil com o selo da Onimusic. O álbum vem com canções escritas durante um período de mudança e transição que o ministério passou. [Transl., ...recorded in studio and distributed in Brazil with the Onimusic label. The album comes with songs written during a period of change and transition through which the ministry has gone.]
- "Tides". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger: Discography". San Francisco CA: RhythmOne, LLC. 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2017 – via AllMusic.com.
- "The Undoing". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Steffany Gretzinger Chart History: Top Christian Albums". Billboard. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Steffany Gretzinger Chart History: Independent Albums". Billboard. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Steffany Gretzinger Chart History: Billboard 200". Billboard. Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "You Make Me Brave". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Have It All". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- "Brave New World". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. 2017. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- [woosternaz.org/leadership "Ron & Kathy Frizell"] Check
- [facebook.com/SteffanyFrizzellGretzinger#!/SteffanyFrizzellGretzinger/about/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1 "Steffany Frizzell-Gretzinger"] Check
|url=value (help). Facebook. Bethel Music. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Gretzinger, Steffany & Bethel Music Staff (2017). "Steffany Gretzinger". Redding, CA: Bethel Music. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "ARIA Chart Watch #467". auspOp. April 7, 2018. Retrieved April 7, 2018.
- "Steffany Gretzinger Chart History: Canadian Albums". Billboard. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- "NZ Heatseeker Albums Chart". Recorded Music NZ. April 9, 2018. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Official Christian & Gospel Albums Chart Top 20 | Official Charts Company". Official Charts Company. April 12, 2018. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
- "Steffany Gretzinger Chart History – Christian Songs". Billboard. Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- Longs, Herb (March 4, 2017). "Bethel Music To Release New Album "Starlight" April 7". The Christian Beat. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
Bethel Music is gearing up to release a new album this spring! Starlight, Bethel Music's first full-length live recording, is tentatively set to drop on April 7th, with pre-orders starting on March 17th. This powerful performance features guest worship leader Francesca Battistelli on "There's No Other Name," plus more anthems of worship with Bethel artists Jenn Johnson, Steffany Gretzinger, Amanda Cook, and others.
- Clarks, Jessie (October 17, 2016). "Bethel Music's Jonathan David & Melissa Helser Receive First Dove Award". The Christian Beat. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Yap, Timothy (August 12, 2014). "Bethel Music's Steffany Gretzinger Readies Solo Worship Album 'The Undoing'". Hallels. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Hillrich, Stephen (May 22, 2014). "Following the Latest from Bethel Music". Papyrus. Greenville, IL: Greenville College. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Cummings, Tony & Geil, Mark D. (May 4, 2014). "Bethel Music: The powerful worship ministry from Bethel Church, California". CrossRhythms.co.uk. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Sparks, Larry (April 24, 2014). "Review: Experience One of the Most Powerful and Prophetic Worship Albums of the Decade". Charisma News. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Cook, Carlton & Frizzell-Gretzinger, Steffany (April 28, 2014). "We Dance (Official Lyric Video)—Steffany Frizzell Gretzinger and Bethel Music, You Make Me Brave" (video). Crossmap.com. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Geil, Mark D. (April 25, 2014). "You Make Me Brave—New Music From Bethel". Christian Today. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Yap, Timothy (April 17, 2014). "Bethel Music, 'You Make Me Brave' Album Review". Hallels. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Campbell, Stacy & Frizzell, Steffany (August 3, 2013). "Steffany Frizzell's 90 second testimony—Powerful" (video). MoralScienceClub.com. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Campbell, Stacy & Frizzell-Gretzinger, Steffany (August 3, 2013). "Always Getting Closer" (video). Plaigia.com. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- "Bethel Online School of Worship Launches January 2013". Christian Today. December 19, 2012. Retrieved April 3, 2017.