Step Up (Original Soundtrack)
|Step Up (Original Soundtrack)|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||August 8, 2006|
|Genre||Hip hop, R&B, dance|
|Producer||Kwamé, Jazze Pha, Donovan "Vendetta" Bennett, Ron "NEFF-U" Feemstar, Raphael Saadiq, Wyclef Jean, Jerry "Wonder" Duplessis, Bryan-Michael Cox, Kendrick "WyldCard" Dean, Junod "J-Spark" Etienne, Stereo, The Neptunes, Ryan Tedder, Julian Bunetta, Eric Reichers, R. Huggins, Tony Bongiovi, Gabriel René|
|Step Up soundtracks chronology|
|Singles from Step Up (Original Soundtrack)|
The soundtrack to Step Up was released on August 8, 2006 on Jive Records and features new music from Mario, Drew Sidora, Ciara, Chamillionaire, Kelis, Chris Brown, Jamie Scott and Yung Joc. The lead singles from the soundtrack are Sean Paul's "(When You Gonna) Give It Up to Me" featuring Keyshia Cole and Ciara's "Get Up" featuring Chamillionaire. Other tracks include Kelis' "80's Joint", Anthony Hamilton's "Dear Life", Youngbloodz's "I'mma Shine", and Petey Pablo's "Show Me the Money"and Dolla's"Feelin 'Myself". The title track is performed by newcomer Samantha Jade and produced by Wyclef Jean. The soundtrack was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America on May 3, 2007.
|1.||Bout It||Yung Joc featuring 3LW|
|2.||Get Up||Ciara featuring Chamillionaire|
|3.||(When You Gonna) Give It Up to Me||Sean Paul featuring Keyshia Cole|
|4.||Show Me the Money||Petey Pablo|
|6.||Step Up||Samantha Jade|
|7.||Say Goodbye||Chris Brown|
|8.||Dear Life||Anthony Hamilton|
|9.||For the Love||Drew Sidora featuring Mario|
|10.||Ain't Cha||Clipse featuring Re-Up Gang and Roscoe P. Coldchain|
|13.||'Til the Dawn||Drew Sidora|
|14.||U Must Be||Gina René|
|15.||Where'd You Go||Josh Henderson, Holly Valance & Max Martin|
|Australian ARIA Albums Chart||54|
|Austrian Albums Chart||65|
|Canadian Albums Chart||7|
|Dutch Albums Chart||82|
|European Top 100 Albums||90|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||40|
|Polish Albums Chart||3|
|Swiss Albums Chart||5|
|U.S. Billboard 200||6|
|U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums||6|
|U.S. Billboard Top Soundtracks||1|
|Belgian Albums Chart (Flanders)||79|
Step Up (Samantha Jade song)
|Single by Samantha Jade|
|from the album Step Up (Original Soundtrack)|
|Released||3 November 2006|
|Samantha Jade singles chronology|
"Step Up" is the debut single by Australian recording artist Samantha Jade, released on 3 November 2006 through Jive Records. It is the title track from the soundtrack album of the film, Step Up. The song was written by Diane Warren and was produced by Wyclef Jean.
In the United States, "Step Up" peaked at number 92 on the Billboard Pop 100 chart in 2006. In Australia, the song failed to enter the ARIA Singles Chart, but debuted and peaked at number 50 on the ARIA Digital Singles Chart dated 12 February 2007. The track didn't chart in Australia due to digital sales not being added into the main chart until later in the year.
|ARIA Digital Singles Chart||50|
|Billboard Pop 100||92|
- Allmusic review
- Teentoday.co.uk review
- "RIAA – Gold & Platinum". Recording Industry Association of America. May 3, 2007. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
-  ARIA Report 888. Retrieved 2012-03-09
- "Soundtrack – Step Up – swisscharts.com". swisscharts.com. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
- "Step Up > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved July 4, 2009.
- "European Top 100 Albums – Chart Listing For The Week Of Nov 18 2006". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved July 4, 2009.[dead link]
- "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży – 02 October 2006". OLiS. Retrieved July 6, 2009.
- "Step Up – Samantha Jade". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "iTunes – Music – Step Up (Original Soundtrack) by Various Artists". iTunes Store. Apple. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Samantha Jade Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Music Video – Step Up by Samantha Jade. YouTube. 2006-08-10. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "Samantha Jade – Awards". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "The ARIA Report – 12 February 2007" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). Retrieved 2012-11-27.