|Full name||Stephen Aitken|
|Date of birth||25 September 1976|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Stephen Aitken (born 25 September 1976 in Glasgow) is a Scottish footballer who is currently the manager of Dumbarton in the Scottish Championship. Aitken played for Greenock Morton, Stranraer, Stenhousemuir and Arthurlie. He rejoined Stranraer in 2009 as assistant manager to Keith Knox. Aitken retired as a player in 2011 and was appointed manager of Stranraer in October 2012. He left the club for Dumbarton on 27 May 2015.
Aitken started his senior career with Greenock Morton, where he played for eight years before moving to Stranraer where he stayed for six years. Upon leaving Stranraer he joined Stenhousemuir briefly, before leaving the senior game to join Barrhead side Arthurlie in the junior ranks.
Coaching and Management
- As of 29 April 2017[update]
|Stranraer||October 2012||May 2015||124||54||27||43||43.55|
Honours and Achievements
- Greenock Morton
- "Aitken makes return to Stranraer". BBC Sport. 28 February 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- "Aitken Takes Charge". Stranraer FC. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- Findlay, Alan. "STEPHEN AITKEN ANNOUNCED AS NEW SONS MANAGER". Dumbarton Football Club.
- "Dumbarton: Stranraer's Stephen Aitken makes managerial switch". BBC Sport. BBC. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Greenock Morton 2-3 Dumbarton". Retrieved 13 May 2016.
|This biographical article related to a Scottish midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|