Stephen Hopkins (director)
|Born||1958 (age 57–58)
Stephen Hopkins (born 1958) is a Jamaican-born Australian English film and television director and producer. He directed Predator 2, Blown Away, the critically acclaimed The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, and the Jesse Owens biopic "Race". He also produced and directed several episodes of the critically acclaimed first season of 24.
Life and career
He is known for his continuation of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise with A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child  and the Predator franchise with Predator 2. His highest-grossing film was the 1998 film adaption of the TV series Lost in Space.
In 2004, Hopkins directed the controversial biographical film The Life and Death of Peter Sellers which provoked the ire of the actor's son Michael Sellers and won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special.
Hopkins has directed a number of episodes of Showtime's series House of Lies starring Don Cheadle which premiered on 8 January 2012 and has been renewed for a third season. He is also a producer on the series.
- Dangerous Game (1987)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)
- Predator 2 (1990)
- Judgment Night (1993)
- Blown Away (1994)
- The Ghost and the Darkness (1996)
- Lost in Space (1998)
- Tube Tales Segment: "Horny" (1999)
- Under Suspicion (2000)
- 24 (2001) (also co-executive producer)
- Traffic (2004)
- The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004)
- The Reaping (2007)
- Californication – Pilot Episode (2007) / Episode 12, Season 3 (2009) / Episode 12, Season 6 (2013)
- Maggie Hill (2009) (TV movie)
- Shameless (2011) (Episode 3, Season 1)
- Race (2016)
- Lost in Space at the Internet Movie Database
- The Guardian UK Biopic's many strange faces of Peter Sellers incense the actor's son Fiachra Gibbons in Cannes Tuesday 19 May 2003 The Guardian
- "Focus Features in Negotiations to Board Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'". thewrap.com.
- "Focus Features First To Start Line On Crowded Field Of Jesse Owens Biopics". deadline.com.