This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018)
|Founded by||Mário Dorminsky, Beatriz Pacheco Pereira and José Manuel Pereira|
Fantasporto, also known as Fantas, is an international film festival, annually organized since 1981 in Porto, Portugal. Giving screen space to fantasy/science fiction/horror-oriented commercial feature films, auteur films and experimental projects from all over the world, Fantasporto has created enthusiastic audiences, ranging from cinephiles to more popular spectators, with an annual average of 110,000 attendees. It was rated in Variety as one of the 25 leading festivals of the world. In its 27th edition in February 2006 the festival reached 104,000 people and 5,000 media references, both domestic and international, with a record of 187 hours of TV time. Present in Porto were about 100 members of the foreign press and about 250 Portuguese journalists and media representatives.
In spite of being organized by a private entity, the event is mostly state funded, with the Ministry of Culture of Portugal leading and the President of the Republic as head of the Honour Committee, along with several private sponsors.
- Secção Oficial Cinema Fantástico
- Grande Prémio Fantasporto – Best Film Award
- Prémio Especial do Juri – Jury’s Special Award
- Melhor Realização – Best Direction
- Melhor Actor – Best Actor
- Melhor Actriz – Best Actress
- Melhor Argumento – Best Screenplay
- Melhores Efeitos Especiais – Best Special Effects
- Melhor Curta-Metragem – Best Short Film
- Menção do Juri Internacional – Special Mention of the Jury
- Semana dos Realizadores
- Prémio Melhor Filme Semana dos Realizadores: – Directors Week Best Film Award
- Prémio Especial do Juri – Directors Week Jury’s Special Award
- Melhor Realização – Directors Week Best Director Award
- Melhor Actor – Directors Week Best Actor Award
- Melhor Actriz – Directors Week Best Actress Award
- Melhor Argumento – Directors Week Best Screenplay Award
- Menção Especial – Special Mention of the Directors Week Jury
- Prémio do Cinema Português
- Melhor Filme – Best Portuguese Picture
- Melhor Escola – Best Portuguese Cinema School
- Non official awards
- International Fantasy Film Special Jury Award
- Prémio da Crítica – Critic’s Award
- Prémio do Público – Audience Award
- Prémios Carreira
Grande Prémio Fantasporto
The Grande Prémio Fantasporto is the highest prize awarded at the Fantasporto Film Festival and is presented to the director of the best feature film of the official competition.
* denotes first win
Multiple award winners
The Best Actor Award (Portuguese: Melhor Actor) is an award presented at Fantasporto. It is chosen by the jury from the 'official section' of movies at the festival. It was first awarded in 1982.
The Best Actress Award (Portuguese: Melhor Atriz) is an award presented at Fantasporto. It is chosen by the jury from the 'official section' of movies at the festival. It was first awarded in 1982.
The Best Screenplay Award (Portuguese: Melhor Argumento) is an award presented at Fantasporto. It is chosen by the jury from the 'official section' of movies at the festival.
|2012||Alejandro Brugués||Juan of the Dead|
|2013||Alex Schmidt||Du hast es versprochen|
|2014||Yeon Sang-ho||The Fake|
|2015||Jong-ho Lee||Mourning Grave|
|2018||Shin Su-won||Glass Garden|
|2019||Rodrigo Aragão||A Mata Negra|
|2020||Chris Bavota & Lee Paula Springer||Dead Dicks|
|2021||Gábor Hellebrandt & Péter Bergendy||Post Mortem|
Other genre film festivals
- Sitges Film Festival
- Fantasia International Film Festival
- Fantastic Fest
- Festival international du film fantastique de Gérardmer
- Screamfest Horror Film Festival
- Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival
- Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival
- Credited as The Wachowski Brothers.
- "About". Fantasporto.com.