Stephen J. Anderson
|Stephen J. Anderson|
Anderson at the premiere of Meet the Robinsons – 03/25/2007.
Stephen John Anderson|
1969/1970 (age 47–48)
Georgia, United States
|Occupation||Voice actor, animator, film director, screenwriter|
Stephen John Anderson is an American voice actor, animator, film director and screenwriter.
Anderson made his feature-film directorial debut with Meet the Robinsons. Anderson joined Walt Disney Feature Animation in 1999 as a story artist on Tarzan. Prior to joining Disney, Anderson worked as an animator at Hyperion Animation on Rover Dangerfield and Bébé's Kids. He made his television directorial debut with the series The Itsy Bitsy Spider.
Anderson attended the California Institute of the Arts, where he also served as a story instructor for five years.
Following Tarzan, Anderson served as story supervisor for The Emperor's New Groove and Brother Bear. He later co-directed Winnie the Pooh. On February 10, 2016, Anderson announced he was working on a new project.
Anderson currently resides in Canyon Country, California, with his wife, Heather, and their son, Jacob.
- 1991 – Rover Dangerfield (animator)
- 1992 – Bébé's Kids (character animator)
- 1996 – The Nome Prince and the Magic Belt (character designer)
- 1999 – Tarzan (storyboard artist)
- 2000 – The Emperor's New Groove (story's artistic supervisor, voice)
- 2000 – 102 Dalmatians (additional story material)
- 2003 – Brother Bear (story's artistic supervisor)
- 2007 – Meet the Robinsons (director, voices of Bowler Hat Guy, Grandpa Bud, & Cousin Tallulah)
- 2008 – Bolt (voice)
- 2010 – Tangled (additional story animator)
- 2011 – Winnie the Pooh (co-director with Don Hall)
- 2013 – Frozen (additional story artist, voice of Kai)
- 2014 – Big Hero 6 (creative leadership: Walt Disney Animation Studios)
- 2016 – Zootopia (additional story artist, creative leadership: Walt Disney Animation Studios)
- 2016 – Sugar (director, writer; short)
- 2017 – Olaf's Frozen Adventure (voice of Kai)
- TBA – Untitled Disney Animation film (director)
- 1992 – Itsy Bitsy Spider (character animator)
- 1996 – Toto Lost in New York (director, character designer, storyboard artist)
- 1996 – Virtual Oz (character designer)
- 1997 – Journey Beneath the Sea (director)
- 1997 – Underground Adventure (director)
- 1994 – Itsy Bitsy Spider (director)
- 1996 – Poop Jelly (anthology) – writer/artist for one short story
- 2001 – Short Stack (anthology) – writer/artist for one short story
- 2008 – Who is Rocket Johnson? (anthology) – writer/artist for one short story
- Don Hall, who also works with Anderson on some Disney movies, along with co-directing 2011's Winnie the Pooh.
- Belloni, Matthew (December 22, 2011). "THR's Animation Roundtable: 7 Top Filmmakers Debate R-Rated Toons and If 'Tintin' Should Be Eligible for Ani Oscar". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Connelly, Brendon; Brew, Simon (February 10, 2016). "Meet The Robinsons director developing new animated Disney film". Den of Geek. Dennis Publishing. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- ""Meet The Robinsons" director developing new animated Disney film". Den of Geek.
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|