Maneri during the 2011 NFL season
|Date of birth:||March 20, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Saddle Brook, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||280 lb (127 kg)|
|High school:||Saddle Brook (NJ)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Steve Maneri (born March 20, 1988) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Temple and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Houston Texans in 2010.
Maneri attended Saddle Brook High/Middle School in Saddle Brook, New Jersey, graduating in 2006. He played varsity basketball for three years, earning all-county honors as well as being named to the Bergen-Passaic Scholastic League Carpenter Division first-team in his junior and senior seasons. Maneri played one season of football as a tight end, making 36 catches for 607 yards and five touchdowns as a senior, earning Bergen Record second-team All-North Jersey honors. He was coached in football at Saddle Brook by NationalUnderclassmen.com & National Underclassmen Combine founder David Schuman.
Following high school, Maneri attended Temple University, playing in ten games at tight end as a true freshman in 2006. He had six catches on the season for 61 yards and two touchdowns. He played in 13 games in 2007, starting three. In 2008, as a junior, Maneri started 9 of 12 games, recording 14 receptions for 150 yards and four touchdowns. In his senior season in 2009, Maneri started all 13 games at tight end, finishing the season with 12 receptions for 134 yards and two touchdowns, earning third-team All-Mid-American Conference honors.
New England Patriots
Maneri was claimed off waivers by the New England Patriots on September 5, 2010. He was waived on September 27, 2010, after being inactive for the first three games of the season. He was then re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 29. He was re-signed to a future contract for the 2011 season on January 20, 2011. He was waived on September 4.
Kansas City Chiefs
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Maneri signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on February 14, 2014. He was released by the Bucs on May 12, 2014.
Second stint with Patriots
New York Jets
- Tatum, Kevin. "Owls football gains 3 more commitments", The Philadelphia Inquirer, January 19, 2006. Accessed December 13, 2012. "The latest players to cast their lots with Temple are third-team all-state linebacker Andre Neblett of Rahway High (N.J.), tight end Steve Maneri of Saddle Brook High (N.J.), and offensive lineman John Palumbo of Queen of Peace in North Arlington, N.J."
- Reiss, Mike (2010-09-05). "Patriots add tackle Steve Maneri". espn.go.com. Retrieved 2010-09-05.
- Reiss, Mike (2010-09-27). "Patriots waive OT Maneri". espn.go.com. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- Wilson, Aaron. "Chiefs shift Maneri to tight end". Scout.com. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Florio, Mike (2013-03-21). "Bears sign tight end Steve Maneri". Profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-03-21). "Steve Maneri excited to join bears". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Biggs, Brad (2013-03-21). "Chicago Bears sign TE Maneri". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- Koeske, Zak (2013-03-22). "Saddle Brook Native Signs with Chicago Bears". Fair Lawn-SaddleBrook.Patch.com. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Biggs, Brad (2013-03-25). "Dollars and Sense:Chicago Bears Invest in Maneri". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-10-21). "Cutler, Briggs both sidelined with 'significant' injuries". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Wesseling, Chris (August 10, 2014). "Ben Hartsock, Steve Maneri signed by Patriots". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Patriots promote Joe Vellano from practice squad". January 17, 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Lange, Randy (June 15, 2015). "Jets Make Roster Swap of Tight Ends". New York Jets. Archived from the original on June 15, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Allen, Eric (August 25, 2015). "Jets Sign LB Johnson, Release TE Maneri". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 30, 2015. Retrieved August 30, 2015.