October 12, 1967 |
Delaware, United States
|Occupation||Writer, director, producer, artist, animator, voice actor, musician|
God, The Devil and Bob
|Awards||29th Annual Annie Award
2001 World Animation Celebration
Steve Ressel (born October 12 1967) is an American animator, comic book artist, illustrator, producer, publisher, novelist, script writer, and director. Steve directed animated series such as Invader Zim, The Wild Thornberrys, Duckman, Stressed Eric, God, The Devil and Bob, Rugrats, and others.
Ressel directed and produced the entire run of Invader Zim until Nickelodeon cancelled it in the middle of its second season of production. He stated he would never work on Invader Zim again. Though he was not included on the DVD commentary of Zim, a track of the entire series with him alone was recorded and never released. It can be found sans video on YouTube.
After Invader Zim he went on to develop his own ideas. "Trubble Bub", a CGI children's program focusing on problem solving and behavior, was animated as a pilot. It is currently scripted and designed for a direct-to-DVD project.
A CGI movie he wrote for an independent animation studio is in post production; title and release date are not certain.
Writing and comics
He resides in Clifford, North Dakota, writing screenplays, novels, non-fictions, and his comic book, "The Lost
Steve is currently writing trance, pop, rock, ballads, and country music.
- Animation : The Inner Workings (2010) Textbook. ISBN 978-0-9787483-0-2
- State of One (2010) Novel. ISBN 978-0-9787483-2-6
- Classy Drinks For The Noob (2010) Non-fiction. ISBN 978-0-9787483-6-4
- Ugly Girl (2010) Novella. ISBN 978-0-9787483-3-3
- The Lost
Boys(2010) Compilation. ISBN 978-0-9787483-1-9
- Perverted Communion (2010) Novel. ISBN 978-0-9787483-5-7
- Rise Again, Ugly Girl (2011) Novel. ISBN 978-0-9787483-8-8
- Breaking Hooke (2011) Novella. ISBN 978-0-9787483-7-1
- Return, Ugly Girl (2011) Novel. ISBN 978-0-9839544-0-8
- The Complete Ugly Girl (2011) Compilation. ISBN 978-0-9839544-1-5
- Mud World (2013) Gonzo Noir Anthology. ISBN 978-0-9839544-2-2
- Animation Reference (2013) Private reference textbook. ISBN 978-0-9839544-6-0
- Spikey-Sparkle's Singular Sacrosanct Sojourn (2015) Young fiction - Illustrated. ISBN 978-0-9839544-3-9
- The Lost
Boys: NutsHell (2016) Graphic novel. ISBN 978-0-9839544-8-4
- The Lost
BoysThreads, Knots, Snarls & Snobs (2016) 500pp. comic digest. ISBN 978-0-9839544-4-6
- Sam & Sedine : In Security (2018) Additional material and lettering. ISBN 978-0-9839544-7-7
- The Stories in Between: A Between Books Anthology (2010) 4-page comic capping the anthology. ISBN 978-09713608-8-4
- The Toysters (1992) Background Layout. Various episodes.
- Rocko's Modern Life (1993) Storyboard Clean-up. Various episodes.
- WildC.A.T.S. (1994) Storyboards. Various episodes.
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (1995) Storyboards. Various episodes.
- Duckman (1995) Director & Storyboards. Various episodes.
- Santo Bugito (1996) Storyboards. Various episodes.
- Jumanji (1996) Director. Various episodes, created opening sequence.
- Stressed Eric (1997) Director. Two episodes.
- Wild Thornberries (1998) Director. Eight episodes.
- Rugrats (1999) Director. Various episodes.
- Rocket Power (1999) Director. Various episodes.
- God, The Devil and Bob (1999) Director. Three episodes.
- Invader Zim (2001) Producer & Director. All episodes except for the 1999 pilot.
- Trubble Bub (2004) Creator, Writer, Producer, Director, Voices, Boards, Designs, Timing.