Stu Williamson (photographer)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Stuart Gordon Williamson
Stuart Gordon Williamson
5 August 1956
Oadby, Leicestershire, England
|Years active||1980 – present|
Stu Williamson (born 5 August 1956, Oadby, Leicestershire, England) is a photographer based in Leicestershire, UK. He grew up in England but has a mix of Scottish and Irish ancestry. From 1978 to 1980, he was drummer for the Scottish pop rock group The Marmalade and performed on their 1978 album Doing It All For You . He then directed his artistic talents towards photography and has continued in this field ever since.
Williamson specialises in monochrome photography and Fine Art portraiture influenced by European Mediaeval Artists. He has gained commissions for architectural photography in Dubai from Giorgio Armani at the Burj Khalifa and the Jumeriah Group’s Burj Al Arab. Williamson has a long list of world class names alongside whom he continues to work. He is also the inventor of the Tri-flector, a photographic lighting reflector intended to offer the photographer greater versatility.
Williamson has won many photographic awards in Europe which have included Black and White Photographer of the Year, Fine Art Photographer of the Year and Architecture Exterior Photographer of the Year 2010  for his shot of the Burj Khalifa.
Stu Williamson Photography
Williamson originally set up his Stu Williamson Photography business in Cornwall before moving to Market Harborough, Leicestershire, in 1997. In 2006 Williamson moved his business to Dubai, based on Jumeirah Beach Road.
In 2013, after investment from an entrepreneur friend, Williamson sold his majority stake in the Dubai business and subsequently returned to the UK  where he continues to build his UK-based photography business from his studio in Kibworth, Leicestershire.
In 2013 he moved back to the UK, and currently has a studio in Kibworth, Leicestershire. Williamson is also a medium and is actively involved in ghost hunting . In 2017, Williamson claimed to have captured on camera the spirit of a ″beautiful French woman″  although not everyone was convinced .
- "Marmalade". Rocking Scots.
- Johnson, Alice (30 January 2011). "Photographer wins with Burj Khalifa". Gulf News.
- "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Burning Souls". We Are Legacy.
- "Architecture Exterior Photographer of the Year 2010". The Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP).
- "Photographer wins with Burj Khalifa". Gulf News.
- "Photographer Of The Year Silver/Gold 2016/17". Master Photographers Association.
- "Local Photographer Stu Williamson Scoops Major Award". dluxe Magazine.
- "Kibworth photographer snaps up prestigious award". Harborough Mail.
- "The Big Come Back". Master Photography. Icon Publications Ltd: 56–59. 22 March 2017 – via issuu.
- "Alchemys Halloween Ghost Invest". Alchemy England.
- "Ghost hunter claims to have caught the spirit of a beautiful French woman called Philippa". Psychic Shows.
- "The Gresley Old Hall Ghost That Wasn't There". Hayley is a Ghost.