This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The name Summicron is derived from the 50 mm Summar, a lens introduced in 1933 and Krone, the German word for crown. In the 1950s Leica bought Crown glass from an English company and used it to make the lenses.
Leica designed a number of f/2 lenses before the Summicron, such as the Summar and Summitar. New coating technologies available after World War II allowed for less distortion and better aberration management, leading to the Summicron. The first Summicron was an evolved Summitar collapsible 50mm with new Lanthanum glass, and was launched in 1953. Generations before approximately 1960 were produced in M39 mount ("screw mount"), then made available in M-mount (Latch-on A42), R-mount, and C-mount.
List of Summicron lenses
- For the M39 lens mount
- Summicron 50 mm f/2 collapsible (1953)
- For the Leica M mount
- Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH.
- Summicron-M 35 mm f/2
- Summicron-M 35 mm f/2 ASPH.
- Summicron-C 40 mm f/2
- Summicron-M 50 mm f/2
- Apo-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH.
- Apo-Summicron-M 75 mm f/2 ASPH.
- Apo-Summicron-M 90 mm f/2 ASPH.
- For the Leica R mount
- Leica 35 mm f/2.0 Summicron-R 1st version – 1970
- Leica 35 mm f/2.0 Summicron-R 2nd version – 1976
- Leica 50 mm f/2.0 Summicron-R 1st version – 1964
- Leica 50 mm f/2.0 Summicron-R 2nd version – 1977 (built-in lens hood, 3-cam and R-cam only version)
- Leica 90 mm Summicron-R 1st version – 1969
- Leica 90 mm Summicron-R 2nd version –
- Leica 90 mm APO-Summicron-R ASPH – 2002
- Leica 180 mm f/2.0 APO-Summicron-R
- For the Leica S mount
- Summicron-S 1:2/100 mm ASPH.
- For the Leica L Mount
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 21 ASPH. (According to the Leica roadmap for 2020)
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 24 ASPH. (According to the Leica roadmap for 2020)
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 28 ASPH. (According to the Leica roadmap for 2020)
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 35 ASPH.
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 50 ASPH.
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 75 ASPH.
- APO-Summicron-SL 1:2 / 90 ASPH.
- For the Leica L Mount Cine lens
- 15 mm T/2.0
- 18 mm T/2.0
- 21 mm T/2.0
- 25 mm T/2.0
- 29 mm T/2.0
- 35 mm T/2.0
- 40 mm T/2.0
- 50 mm T/2.0
- 75 mm T/2.0
- 100 mm T/2.0
- 135 mm T/2.0
|This optics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|