Sun Bingo is an online bingo operator based and licensed in Alderney. It was founded in 2006, and is part of News UK Group who also operates newspaper The Sun. The company provides online bingo gaming platform predominantly for the United Kingdom.
Sun Bingo was launched as the bingo arm of The Sun newspaper in 2006, operated by Tombola for a period of four years, until it took over by rival gaming operator Gamesys. During the time operated by Gamesys, Sun Bingo launched their first mobile dedicated site offering bingo games. In November 2015, News UK and Playtech signed a five year deal to operate Sun Bingo as part of Virtue Fusion, Playtech's Bingo division.
Sun Bingo offering bingo games such as 90 ball bingo, 75 ball and 80 ball bingo alongside online slots, scratch cards and online games. Now it is a huge online platform for gambling, with a big choice of video slots, own players community and online chat with host.
Sun Bingo has a popular televised game of bingo named "Having a ball". The show began in 2006, and is presented by hosts Brian Dowling, Rustie Lee and Jean Martyn. Each show is split into four sessions, an hour long each and with occasional celebrity guests.
Since July 2018, Sun Bingo has sponsored The Jeremy Kyle Show.
- "Gambling Control". Gambling Control. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "News UK". News UK. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Sun Bingo launched". Whichbingo. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Sun Bingo". Gamesys. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Sun Bingo launch mobile site". Bingoport. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Sun Bingo new deal". London stock exchange. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Ever Wondered Where the Best Spots for Gambling Are?". All Casinos Answers. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "What is an online bingo chat host?". The Sun. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Having a ball". The Sun. United Kingdom. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Having a ball". Mobilebingosites. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Winners – WhichBingo Awards 2014". whichbingo.co.uk. Retrieved 22 March 2015.