A Sunday Kind of Love
The song has become a pop and jazz standard, recorded by many artists. The song was first recorded by Claude Thornhill and his Orchestra on November 11, 1946. He released the song as a single in January, 1947 and it became permanently identified as the signature song for its vocalist, Fran Warren. Louis Prima and his Orchestra released his recording of the song in February, 1947.
- Claude Thornhill and his Orchestra with vocal by Fran Warren. Recorded on November 11, 1946, and released on Columbia Records 37219.
- Louis Prima and his Orchestra, February, 1947.
- Frankie Laine with an orchestra conducted by Carl T. Fischer. Recorded on January 21, 1947 and released on Mercury Records 5018.
- Jo Stafford with an orchestra conducted by Paul Weston. Recorded on February 28, 1947 and released on Capitol Records 388.
- Ella Fitzgerald and the Andy Love Quintet with an orchestra conducted by Bob Haggart. Recorded on March 19, 1947 and released on Decca Records 23866 and was included on her album For Sentimental Reasons
- The Harptones in 1953 on the Bruce label.
- The Del Vikings on their 1957 Come Along with Me/A Sunday Kind of Love/ The White Cliffs of Dover/Now is the Hour - Mercury EP 1-3359
- Hank Jones on the 1958 quartet album The Talented Touch
- Dinah Washington on her 1959 album, What a Diff'rence a Day Makes!
- Etta James on her 1960 album, At Last!
- Jan & Dean in 1962, which went to #95 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Dion DiMucci on his 1969 album, Wonder Where I'm Bound
- The Four Seasons on their 1965 album, The 4 Seasons Entertain You
- Lenny Welch in 1972, which went to #96 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Kenny Rankin on his 1975 album, Inside on Little David Records LD1009.
- Reba McEntire on her 1988 album, Reba, which went to #5 hit on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart and also went to #9 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada.
- Renee Olstead on her 2004 album, Renee Olstead.
- Beth Rowley
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa on their 2013 album Seesaw.
- The Marcels in 1961 on Colpix Records.
- Amy Vachal in The Voice Season 9 knockouts.
- Jacobs, Dick & Harriet Jacobs – ‘’Who Wrote That Song?’’ published by Writer’s Digest Books, 1993,
- "Original versions of A Sunday Kind of Love written by Anita Leonard, Barbara Belle, Louis Prima, Stan Rhodes". SecondHandSongs.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- Heather Phares (2000-10-10). "The Complete Fran Warren with Claude Thornhill - Fran Warren | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Jukebox Hits of the '50s [Collectables] | 90431012420 e". Music.barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "The Marcels - Sunday Kind Of Love (Song)". uk-charts.com. eMedia Jungen. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|