This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
5 July 1966|
|Occupation||actress, playwright, film director|
The daughter of the Irish actor Tony Doyle, she realised that she wished to follow in his footsteps when, aged about five or six, she was taken to see him work, often in tiny theatres with audience and actors close together.
Her big TV break came in 1991 with the role of Joy, the intelligent, acid-tongued secretary and foil to her corporate-speak boss, in the Channel 4 comedy Drop The Dead Donkey. Other TV roles followed, including two episodes of A Touch of Frost in 1997. When her father died in 2000, the producers of Ballykissangel asked whether she would join the cast. She had reservations over her ability to cope emotionally but took on the part of Avril Burke. In 2001, she also appeared in an episode of Cold Feet and one of Pie in the Sky. In 2012 she appeared in an episode of police comedy Vexed.
Since 2001, she has been pursuing parallel careers of scriptwriting and acting.
- Scandal (1989) ... Jackie
- Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1999) ... Diane
- About a Boy (2002) ... Bitter Ex-Girlfriend
- A Congregation of Ghosts (2009) .... Barbara Baxter
- Black Mirror: "Shut Up and Dance" (2016) .... Blackmailed Woman
- "Birthdays". The Independent. findarticles.com. 5 July 2005.[dead link]
- Wills, Colin (18 February 2001). "Interview - Susannah Doyle: I still don't allow myself to miss dad". Sunday Mirror. findarticles.com.
- "I write for dad, says Susannah". Sunday Mirror. findarticles.com. 3 June 2001.
- IMDb Scandal (1989) Full Cast & Crew[unreliable source?]
- IMDb Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1999) Full Cast & Crew[unreliable source?]
- IMDb About a Boy (2002) Full Cast & Crew[unreliable source?]
- IMDb A Congregation of Ghosts (2009)[unreliable source?]