Sustainable Development Technology Canada
|Technologies du développement durable du Canada|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Canada|
Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC; French: Technologies du développement durable Canada) is an arm's-length foundation created by the Government of Canada to fund new clean technologies.
In 2001, the Government of Canada created Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) as an arm’s-length foundation to “demonstrate new technologies to promote sustainable development, including technologies to address issues related to climate change and the quality of air, water and soil.” These clean technologies, such as fuel cells and biofuels, are developed through public-private partnerships with SDTC acting as a funder.
SDTC has invested in about 300 projects throughout Canada. On average 33% (up to 40%) of projects costs can be covered the program.
SDTC has provided funding to the following companies, among others:
- Westport Innovations Inc. (developing and marketing natural gas technology for internal combustion engines)
- Shipstone Energy Corp. of Victoria, BC (salmon-recirculation aquaculture project)
- GaN Systems (solar power conversion technology)
- Giatec Scientific Inc. (developing smart concrete sensors) 
- "Canada falling behind U.S. in clean-energy efforts: experts". Nationalpost.com. December 26, 2009. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Canada Foundation for Sustainable Development Technology Act". Laws-lois.justice.gc.ca. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "We must take lead on clean energy front". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "About Us - Sustainable Development Technology Canada". Sdtc.ca. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "The SDTC Staff - Sustainable Development Technology Canada". Sdtc.ca. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- "Board & Committees - Sustainable Development Technology Canada". Sdtc.ca. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- Baines, David (June 22, 2011). "Despite 15 years of losses, Westport's stock is still flying high". Vancouversun.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Times Colonist July 30, 2011 (July 30, 2011). "$5M for clean energy projects". Timescolonist.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "GaN Systems scores VC funding - Technology - Ottawa Business Journal". Obj.ca. November 8, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Ottawa's Ranovus, Giatec to receive millions in federal clean-tech funding | Ottawa Business Journal". obj.ca. Retrieved November 5, 2018.