|Products||binoculars, spotting scopes, rifle scopes|
|Revenue||€119 million euro (2014)|
Number of employees
Wilhelm Swarovski began producing binoculars in 1935, and this business expanded during World War II. The modern company developed from the Swarovski binocular production factory, and was established as a separate optical company in 1949.
- 1935 First Swarovski binoculars, which was a 6x30
- 1949 Formation of Swarovski Optik
- 1959 First Swarovski Optik rifle scope (4x32)
- 1967 First Swarovski Optik extendable spotting scope (30x75)
- 1991 First AT 80 telescope
- 1993 First hunting rifle scope with reticle illumination
- 1995 First rifle scope with integrated laser range finder
- 1999 First binoculars with wrap-around grip, named EL
- 2007 First Swarovski rifle scope with 6x zoom
It specialises in the development and manufacturing of long-range optical instruments in the premium segment of the market, including binoculars, telescopes (spotting scopes), rifle scopes, range finders and night sight devices.