Syed Mohsin Nawab Rizvi
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Ayatollah Syed Mohsin Nawab Rizvi|
14 April 1911|
|Died||August 26, 1969
|Cause of death||Chronic kidney disease|
|Resting place||Imambara Ghufran Ma'ab|
|Ethnicity||Indian, Rizvi, Syed|
|Education||Fazil-e-Adab, Fazil-e-Tafsir (Shia), Sadar-ul-Afazil, Ijtihad|
|Alma mater||Jamia Nazmia, Sultanul Madaris Lucknow, Hawza 'Ilmiyya Najaf|
|Known for||Scholarly teaching, Falsafa (Islamic philosophy), Fiqh (jurisprudence), 'Ilm al-Hadith (traditions), Ilm al-Kalam (theology), 'Ilm ar-Rijal (evaluation of biographies), Mantiq (Logic), Lugha, Tafsir al-Qur'an (interpretation of the Qur'an) (language studies) Acadamic writings, and oration.|
|Notable work||Founder Managing trustee Shia Inter and DegreeCollege,Jaunpur,Founder of All India Shia Majlise Ulama [Council of Scolars]Lucknow|
|Children||3 Sons, 3 Daughters|
Ayatollah Syed Mohsin Nawab Rizvi ( 14 April 1911 – 26 August 1969; Arabic: ﺁيت ألله سید محسن نواب رضوی) popularly known as Mohsin-ul-millat, was an Indian educationalist, poet, writer,speaker and a Shia Scholar, Grand Ayatollah and a Mujtahid from India. He served as Vice Principal of Sultanul Madaris, Lucknow, and as a Principal of Govt Oriental College Madarsa Alia, Rampur and Madarsa Imaniya Nasiriya, Jaunpur.
He was born in 1911 at Lucknow. His father Maulana Syed Ahmad Nawab Rizvi was a prominent Shia Scholar and was the editor of the monthly Urdu magazine, Alawarif. After earning his degree of Sadrul Afazil from Madrasa Sulatanul Madaris, he went to Hawza 'Ilmiyya Najaf, Iraq, where he studied Dars al-Kharij with Ayatollah Abu l-Hasan al-Isfahani, Ayatollah Syed Ziauddin Iraqi, Ayatollah Mirza Hussein Naini, Ayatollah Shaikh Abdul Husain Rashti, and Ayatollah Seyed Jawad Tabrezi (R.A), He earned the Ijazae ijtihad (the highest degree of islamic jurisprudence). Rizvi understood Urdu, Arabic and Farsi. During his student life in Lucknow he was the editor of an Arabic religious and literary magazine "Al-Adeeb" which was being published under the patronage of Nasirul Millat Syed Nasir Husain(R.A). After returning from Iraq he was appointed as a Principal of Jamaey Imaniya Nasirya, Jaunpur. He took charge of managing a middle school, which became a leading degree college in Jaunpur District, known as Raza D.M. Shia Degree College. After Jaunpur, Rizvi was called on by then Nawab of Rampur Raza Ali Khan Bahadur Rampur State (U.P) India to take the charge of the Madrsa-e-Aliya (Oriential college) Rampur(u.p) as a principal. After remaining few years as the Principal he came back to Lucknow and joined Madrase Sultanul Madaris Lucknow (U.P.) India as Vice Principal, as the Matla-e-Anwar (written by Maulana Murtaza Husain Sadrul-Afazil) He was chief patron of monthly Urdu magazine "ALILM". He wrote many books some of them has been published and some are under publishing. He was a great Khateeb(Orater). He was the General Secretory of "All India Shia Majlise Ulama"[Council of Scolars],among Scholars he was known as"Mohsinullmillat". He died on 26 August 1969 and is buried in Lucknow.
- Maulana Syed Mazahir Husain Rizvi Ex- Leader of Friday Prayers, Sultanate of Mahmudabad, Awadh, Lucknow, India
- Maulana Syed Hamidul Hasan Ex- Principal Jamia Nazmia, Lucknow, India.
- Molvi Iftikhar Hussain Ansari Ex- MLA, President All Jammu & Kashmir Shia Association. Srinagar, India.
- Mirza Mohammed Athar, Ex Principal Shia college, Lucknow, India
- Dr.Syed Mohammad Waris Hasan Naqvi PhD (Edenbraugh University) Ex Principal Madrase Waizeen, Lucknow, India.
- Syed Ahmed (politician)Ex Governor Jharkhand and Manipur.
- Ghadeer se Karbala tak
- Hadees Madeenatul Ilm (Hadees ki Sanad aur uski dalalat)
- Zaereen-e- Qaime Aley Mohammad (A.S)
- Falsafa-e- Sahro Aijaz
- Kahalike Kaiynat aur Qadeem wa Jadeed Falsafi
- Mhuaabat Ahlebait-e- Tahireen (A.S) wa Gunahgar Momineen
- Diwane Shaeri (Qasaed wa Gazalyat)
Books written in Arabic
- Almustanad (Bayyenatul Shia min masadere Ahlissunnah)
- Diwanul sher maal Mrasi Wa qasayed
- AsSamarat Talkhees wa tareebe Abaqatul Anwar
- Rizvi, Syed Saeed Akhter. "Indian Ulema List (Source- Khursheed Khawar:Tazkratul ulamae hind o pak)". islamic-laws.com. Ma'arif Publications. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- Hashmi,Syed Baquer,Riyazul Quloob, Page191-92, Published 2005, Darul-Balagha, Beriut, Lebanon.