From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Syme (also Symes, Simes) is a surname, and may refer to:
- Colin Syme (1903–1986), an Australian medical administrator and innovator
- David Syme (1827–1908), a Scottish-Australian newspaper proprietor of The Age
- David Syme (pianist) (born 1949), an American pianist.
- Don Syme, an Australian computer scientist and creator of the F# programming language
- Ebenezer Syme (1826–1860), a Scottish-Australian journalist, proprietor and manager of The Age
- Geoffrey Syme (1873-1942), son of David Syme, who succeeded his father as proprietor and owner of The Age
- George Adlington Syme (1859–1929), an Australian surgeon.
- Hugh Syme (GC) (1903-1965), a naval officer and bomb disposal operative, and employee of The Age.
- Hugh Syme, a Canadian musician and a Juno Award-winning graphic artist
- James Syme (1799–1870), a pioneering Scottish surgeon.
- Jennifer Syme (1972–2001), an American actress and production assistant.
- John Syme (1795–1861), a Scottish portrait-painter
- John Thomas Irvine Boswell Syme (1822–1888), a British botanist
- Ronald Syme (1903–1989), a New Zealand-born historian of ancient Rome and classicist.
- Syme (1984), a minor character in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four
- Gabriel Syme, a character in G.K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday
- Aisling Symes, 2-year-old New Zealand girl, initially thought abducted, later found dead
- Bob Symes, the stage name of inventor Robert Alexander Baron Schutzmann von Schutzmansdorff
- Brad Symes (born 1985), an Australian rules football midfielder
- Carol Symes, American medieval historian
- Cyril Symes (born 1943), a former Canadian politician
- Michael Symes, an English footballer
- Syme, Greece (Greek: Σύμη, also romanized as Symi), a Greek island and municipality
- Syme (mythology), a Greek mythological figure
- Battle of Syme
- SymE toxin, regulated by SymR RNA
- Sime (disambiguation), a surname
|This page lists people with the surname Syme. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|