|Industry||Computer software, supply chain management, transportation management system|
|Headquarters||Mayfield Heights, Ohio, United States|
Number of employees
|Approx. 700 (2016)|
TMW Systems is a developer of enterprise management software for the surface transportation services industry, including logistics, freight, trucking and heavy-duty repair and maintenance. The company was founded in Cleveland, Ohio and now has offices in Dallas, Indianapolis, Mayfield Heights, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Raleigh, and Vancouver.
Following the Motor Carrier Act of 1980, which deregulated the trucking industry, Tom Weisz founded TMW Systems in 1983.
In 2005, Wachovia Capital Partners and PepperTree Capital Management acquired TMW Systems. In 2006, TMW Systems acquired Vancouver-based Maddocks Systems, Canada's largest provider of trucking software. TMW Systems also acquired Durham-based TMT Software Company, a fleet maintenance software provider, in May 2007. TMW Systems completed its acquisition of Integrated Decision Support Corporation in September 2007. In late 2009, TMW Systems acquired Innovative Computing Corporation of Nashville, an enterprise software company. In May 2011, TMW Systems announced the acquisition of Appian Logistics Software—a leading logistics and supply chain software provider.
Today, TMW supplies solutions covering the transportation services sector. It supplies technology for improved operational efficiencies, improved transactional velocity, resource utilization and long-term profitability.
TMW Systems products are broken down into four categories: Enterprise Transportation Software (for brokers, carriers, 3PLs and fleet operations), Optimization Software (for transportation), Asset Maintenance Software (for captive fleets or repair centers), and Appian Software (for logistics).
Enterprise Transportation Software
- TMW Go! (Apple iPhone app)
- Innovative IES, Innovative Access and Innovative Access Plus
- IDSC Netwise
- IDSC ExpertFuel
- IDSC TripAlert
- IDSC MatchAdvice
Asset Maintenance Software
- TMT Fleet Maintenance
- TMT Service Center
- Cloud Services Hosting
TMW Systems hosts an annual user conference called in.sight User Conference + Expo (formerly TransForum). The conference is open to other Trimble companies, vendors, and TMW customers. At the conference, TMW customers attend classroom sessions on TMW software, listen to guest speakers and network with TMW staff and other customers.
- Nelson, Cindy (2005-09-28). "TMW Systems Acquired by Wachovia Capital partners and Peppertree Capital Management Company Poised to Accelerate Growth". PRWeb. PRWeb. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "TMW Systems Inc. Acquires Maddocks Systems Inc.". TMW Systems. 2006-09-06. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "TMW buys TMT". FleetOwner. 2007-07-01. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- Beach, Jim (2007-09-18). "TMW Acquires IDSC Software Company". Trucking Info. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "TMW Systems acquires Innovative Computing". Bulk Transporter. 2009-12-03. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Trimble To Buy TMW Systems For $335 Mln Cash". Nasdaq. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-08-27.
- "TMW Software". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "TMW TransForum". Retrieved 2010-08-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Project management software.|