Taipei Zoo Station
Taipei Zoo Station
|Location||No. 32, Sec. 2, Xinguang Rd.
|Opened||March 28, 1996|
|Passengers||16,014 daily (2016)
(Ranked 83rd of 109)
|Taipei Zoo Station|
This three-level, elevated station features two side platforms and a single exit. It is located on Xinguang Rd., Sec. 2. In order to deal with patronage to the zoo, an underground parking lot was constructed.
It is a planned transfer station and terminus with Line 6.
- March 28, 1996: Line 1 begins operation. The station commences service.
- November 2001: To deal with increasing patronage, construction begins on a second exit.
- November 2002: The second exit opens.
- March 20, 2010: The underground parking lot opens.
- March 2010: A bus transfer station opens.
- July 4, 2007: The Maokong Gondola Taipei Zoo Station opens.
- October 1, 2008: Due to structural problems resulting from typhoons, the station is closed along with the gondola system.
- March 23–27, 2010: The Maokong Gondola reopens to free test rides.
- March 30, 2010: The Maokong Gondola officially re-opens.
|4F||Connecting Level||Platforms-connecting Overpass|
|Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates|
|Platform 1||← Line 1 toward Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (Muzha)|
|Platform 2||→ Line 1 termination platform →|
|2F||Mezzanine||Transitlink floor for stairs and escalators, Restrooms|
- Exit 1: No.32, Xinguang Rd. Sec. 2, near the entrance of Taipei Zoo
- Exit 2: No.32, Xinguang Rd. Sec. 2, near the entrance of Zoo Mall
Around the station
- Taipei Zoo
- Maokong Gondola
- Taipei Children's Recreation Center, Wenshan Park
- Zoo Mall
- Taipei Metro Muzha Depot
- Riverside Park
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
toward Jiannan Road
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taipei Zoo Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Route Map: Taipei Zoo". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-11.
- "動物園站地下停車場 99年3月20日起正式啟用". 臺北大眾捷運股份有限公司網站. 2010-03-21.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|