Talat Hussain (journalist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Syed Talat Hussain
Syed Talat Hussain (Urdu: سید طلعت حسین)  is a Pakistani journalist, foreign policy commentator and a television personality.He was born in Chakwal. Syed Talat Hussain has hosting a prime time current affairs talk show on Geo News titled Naya Pakistan with Talat Hussain. Before, he has been an executive director of AAJ Television and had also worked for PTV and Dawn News. He has written for Newsline, Daily Dawn, Time magazine, Daily Times (Pakistan), Daily Express and occasionally contributed to India Today. In 2008 he started writing columns for The Daily Express.
He has held key positions of Director, News & Current Affairs with Pakistan Television Corporation, Prime Television (UK) and Telebiz. he was Director News at Aaj TV and also write occasionally for Daily Express, an Urdu newspapers since July 2008.
Currently, he works as a part-time host for Saach TV, and has also joined Bahria University in Islamabad as Project Director and Assistant Professor. He has been tasked to reinvigorate the Media Studies program at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University.
Talat Hussain went to school in Rawalpindi and did his masters from Quaid-e-Azam University in Islamabad. He is married to his first cousin, Tehmina Hussain. They have 3 children together. Talat Hussain describes himself as " Journalist, writer, obsessive jogger, voracious reader, massive meat-eater". He takes himself and his profession very seriously.
Current affairs TV shows by Talat Hussain
- Sawaray Sawaray - PTV
- News Night - PTV
- Live with Talat - AAJ TV (First Show: 23 March 2005, Last Show: 29 Oct 2010)
- News Night With Talat– Dawn News (First Show: 8 November 2010)
- Live with Talat - Express News (June, 2012 to August 2013)
- Live with Talat - AAJ TV ( January 2014 to May 2014)
- Naya Pakistan with Talat Hussain - Geo News ( February 2015 to present) 
Gaza flotilla clash
On the 30th of May 2010, Hussain was aboard the convoy amid conflict during the Gaza flotilla clash.Due to loss of communications, Hussain’s status and whereabouts were unknown although a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Pakistan) stated “the Government of Pakistan was seriously concerned over the well-being and whereabouts of the Pakistani citizens and media personnel including Syed Talat Hussain and Raza Mahmood Agha (both of them from AAJ Television) who were on board the Flotilla bound for Gaza. The Foreign Ministry was in constant touch with its Missions in the region to ascertain the well-being of our nationals.” and on June 1, 2010, he was released via Shah Abdullah II of Jordan and he came back Karachi via Dubai.
- List of Pakistani journalists
- Nadeem Malik (Pakistani journalist)
- Faisal Qureshi
- Daily Times (Pakistan)
- "Syed Talat Hussain (@TalatHussain12)". Twitter. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "Syed Talat Hussain Biography". Tv.com.pk. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- AFP (13 February 2015). "'Naya Pakistan' with Talat Hussain on Geo News | Pakistan". Geo.tv. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100323085503/http://pakistaniprofiles.com/syed-talat-hussain-journalist-anchor-person/. Archived from the original on 23 March 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help); Missing or empty
- "'Naya Pakistan' with Talat Hussain on Geo News | Pakistan". thenews.com.pk. 13 February 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2016.