|WikiProject Record Labels||(Rated Start-class)|
It is known that Allen Klein called ABKCO a A Better Kind of COmpany warpozio 05:43, 15 Sep 2004 (UTC)
ABKCO and The Rolling Stones
I am wondering if the Stones themselves, in which three of its four current members represented the original lineup (singer Mick Jagger, guitarist Keith Richards and drummer Charlie Watts, plus former bassist Bill Wyman and the late Brian Jones), will ever re-claim the rights back from ABKCO in regards to their 1960s output now that their conniving ex-manager is dead.
Also, these legal wranglings between the band and their former management prevented a 1972 live album (which was to feature Stevie Wonder) from seeing the light of day because of a few songs in the track listing that the management owned. (Since 1970 the Stones formed their own record label, Rolling Stones Records.) WikiPro1981X (talk) 23:24, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- "Classic lineup" might be a better term than "original lineup"; for instance, Dick Taylor of the Pretty Things was one of the early members of the Stones.
- Your point is well taken; how there can be an article on ABKCO Records without bringing up how Klein got the Stones music is beyond me. Shocking Blue (talk) 10:28, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on ABKCO Records. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110628230901/http://www.epinions.com/musc-review-6E7B-C8B920B-38813E3F-bd1 to http://www.epinions.com/musc-review-6E7B-C8B920B-38813E3F-bd1
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110716134951/http://stereoldieshop.com/cameo-parkway.html to http://stereoldieshop.com/cameo-parkway.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.superswell.com/samplelaw/horror.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.