|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Acid3 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 3 months may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Browsers that do not pass
When I use Chrome to test Acid3, red letters appear on the top left corner, saying, "YOU SHOULD NOT SEE THIS AT ALL". -- anonymous — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:35, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- I change where said Chrome and Opera did not pass, because they do, thats what said the sources. If you have some reliable sources saying they don't pass, then put it WITH reference.
- Also, it obviously said the "YOU SHOULD NOT SEE THIS AT ALL" in incognito mode, because it is testing if the link was visited. It is the expected behavior that does not remember in incognito mode.--Eloy (talk) 07:25, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
Internet Explorer, New test
I saw score 24/100 in Internet Explorer. Which it was version? Also a new test: http://html5test.com. Latest versions does not score 555/555. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:29, 6 March 2014 (UTC)
Comparing an old version of IE against a modern version of Chrome suggests that Chrome is stds compliant when IE is not. The issue is easily fixed by showing IE8 vs IE11, or an old version of Chrome vs a new version of Chrome. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:05, 16 April 2015 (UTC)
Article is extremely biased
The use of IE to demonstrate a poor Acid3 score is extremely biased. Maybe use some older, lesser known browser for this example that doesn't have such an intense rivalry with Firefox. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:49, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
- If you refer to the picture, they show the result of the test around the time the test was created, and show the results for the three major desktop browsers. You can add additional browsers's screenshots that you know, but they will not be as relevant as these three. I would not call this biased. Pallinger (talk) 08:17, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
- Mmmhhh… two anonymous messages, almost the same, at least one with Fort Lauderdale IP (where Microsoft has a major headquarter) complaining about alleged against Microsoft bias…
- It looks suspicious at least. It means nothing at the time to evaluate the alleged non-neutrality; but it means a lot outside: we have to take care of this "contributions".
- The Ft. Lauderdale IP has some other suspicious edits, like this one. And also some strange edits like this :O.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Acid3. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080330111117/http://labs.opera.com/news/2008/03/28/ to http://labs.opera.com/news/2008/03/28/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100806191050/http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/benchmarks/Acid3-pp1/Default.html to http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/benchmarks/Acid3-pp1/Default.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100806081451/http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/benchmarks/Acid3-pp2/Default.html to http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/benchmarks/Acid3-pp2/Default.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100814155951/http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/benchmarks/Acid3-pp3/Default.html to http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/benchmarks/Acid3-pp3/Default.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.