Talk:Allen Central High School
|This page was nominated for deletion on 3 August 2007. The result of the discussion was keep.|
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / Kentucky||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Wow, this article is..... flawed.
This edit is at best Original Research (read the No Original Research article if you're unfamiliar with this) and at worst a blatant opinion piece (see Neutral Point of View, which this totally violated). Regardless of whether you agree with the opinion/research expressed in it, this goes against two of the fundamental rules of Wikipedia.
Even after reverting that, there are major problems with neutrality.
An "interview with student Jarred Tackett was considered too shocking to be shown in newspapers or on tv"? Sounds like a lame excuse to sneak in his rant under the guise of unpublished material; there's no reference or source given. And most of the article is given over to this guy's opinion; comes across like an attempt to weasel past the NPOV criteria under the pretense of reasonable quotation.
The closing sentence is
- This statement is found increasingly intersting by many 'experts' because Kentucky retained a nuetral stance during the American Civil War and therefore a rebel flag can really not be associated with Kentucky's 'Heritage' or pride.
Why the quotes around 'experts'? It looks like scepticism against their credibility (i.e. "so-called 'experts'" weasel words), and the whole sentence reads like more original research anyway.
The article includes some supposed references, but it's unclear which parts they are referring to, and it doesn't excuse the blatant bias.
I'd have broken the article's single paragraph up into smaller sub-paragraphs, but there's no point; this article would be better rewritten from scratch.
Fourohfour 14:42, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
- I agree. In three months, nobody has been able to salvage it or come up with anything more than a single reported incident. I'm prodding it; if someone comes up with something substantial that indicates the subject is notable, it can always be resurrected. -- Butseriouslyfolks 05:01, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
|This article has has been edited for Cleanup/Maintenance by Upsidedown Keyboard (talk · contribs). This talk page section is a list of changes that where done as a result of this maintenance.|
You can view the full Difference between revisions here.
Fixed infobox school errors:
- Unknown parameter Hours_in_Day use hours_in_day instead (fixed)
- Unknown parameter International_Students use international_students instead (fixed)
- Unknown parameter approx add c. before any approximate dates (removed, unused)
- Unknown parameter c_approx add c. before any approximate dates (removed, unused)
- Unknown parameter year use ACT_year or SAT_year or graduates_year instead (removed, unused)
Dead link fixes:
- "ACHS Faculty & Staff" has been replaced with the latest working archived page that can be found here
- "Floyd Central Construction Ahead of Schedule" has been replaced with the latest working archived page that can be found here
- http://floyd.schoolfusion.us/modules/cms/pages.phtml?sessionid=83008f702451bd5678ce443e40c05304&pageid=264725&sessionid=7a54a3e8a5807de5f2d8c34cdae46bde has been replaced with the latest working archived page that can be found here.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Floyd County" has been archived on the Wayback Machine here.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Allen Central High School" has been archived on the Wayback Machine here.
Thank you for helping Wikipedia,