|WikiProject Writing systems||(Rated B-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Arab world||(Rated B-class, Top-importance)|
Is it just me, or are all the hundreds of images in the galleries on this article way over the top and not particularly useful for readers? In my opinion, the galleries need to be seriously pruned or deleted altogether, and replaced by appropriate links to Commons. BabelStone (talk) 23:16, 8 April 2012 (UTC)
The idea is to show the wealthy heritage of the Arabic language and script, besides the variety of ways of writing arabic scripts even in the same region and how to write non-Arabic language letters in Arabic script. I think it is astonishing to anyone that knows the Arabic script to see all these demonstrations. Actually the idea of the page is to demonstarate the variety. --Ashashyou (talk) 15:20, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's way over the top. You need to find a dozen, at most, images that will demonstrate the breadth of caligraphic styles, media, time periods, etc, put them in as regular images and remove the rest of those images and the multiple galleries from the page. The glut of images makes the article nearly unreadable, not to mention painfully slow to load on all but the most modern broadband connections. VanIsaacWScontribs 04:54, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
Gallery problems again
The state of the article before Ashashyou started making his edits had only 15 images. Wikipedia articles are not supposed to be image galleries, and can be deleted if they appear to have no function other than serving as an image gallery... AnonMoos (talk) 07:18, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- I thought you mentioned "a dozen, at most, images that will demonstrate the breadth of caligraphic styles, media, time periods, etc, put them in as regular images and remove the rest of those images". I see that you have removed "All the gallaries" without looking for the useful ones. You have ignored the "HUGE" effort made to improve this page by putting photos that are Open source that would serve anyone studying or interested in Arabic Alphabet script. I have no time now to select images to put again in the article to serve the purpose of wikipedia as a "free-content encyclopedia project based on an openly editable model", "one of the largest reference websites" (so needs most if not all these images), "written collaboratively", also from the Pillers of wikipedia "written from a neutral point of view", "Editors should interact with each other in a respectful and civil manner".--Ashashyou (talk) 12:58, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
- I believe in good faith, i think you did not understand the value of all those Photos (made by HUGE Effort). However, maybe because you donot know Semitic or Oriental languages (despite the language you know).
- Thanks for your trial of improving the page. I think it need the gallerias as in Cyrillic alphabets page (having alphabets demonstrated). Also the Arabic scripts are some times used in Art so the photos are needed to demonstrate the Artistic view of the Letters as other Art-Orirnted pages as Taos art colony, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Musée du Louvre and other pages that contain many "PURPOSEFUL" photos or galleries as Fiat, Fiat 128, Ford Motor Company and other many pages that contain many "PURPOSEFUL" photos and no one made suggestions to delete all the entire gallery.
- I will work on the gallery in the future.--Ashashyou (talk) 12:57, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
File:Flickr-Altaic People.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Flickr-Altaic People.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests April 2012
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
To take part in any discussion, or to review a more detailed deletion rationale please visit the relevant image page (File:Flickr-Altaic People.jpg)
The Victorian Arabic English Statement
I, able to read the Arabic Script (but not any language commonly written in it), cannot find any information to back up the claim about scholars in the Victorian British Empire writing anything in the English Language in the Arabic Script. At first I assumed it must be true, due to reading about Arabic Afrikaans, but I found nothing about, let alone in, such an "Arabic English." Thus, I suggest that statement be deleted. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 自教育 (talk • contribs) 17:51, 17 August 2012 (UTC) I agree with the above statement. Perhaps we should look who wrote this statement & ask him to provide the source. I find this not strange for the same reason (i.e. existance of Arabic Afrikaans) which might have targeted the Indians (both Muslims & Non-Muslims) in South Africa at that time. So i think the English in Arabic script would be found in Indian documents during the Victorian Era ( I made some effort in this direction but with no success so far). I think we need to put Citation needed tag and not deleting the whole statement.--Ashashyou (talk) 22:02, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
Title Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics: A-Ed Volume 1 of Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics, Kees Versteegh Author Kees Versteegh Editors Kees Versteegh, Mushira Eid Edition illustrated Publisher Brill, 2005 Original from the University of Michigan Digitized May 2, 2008 ISBN 9004144730, 9789004144736 Length 671 pages
Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics: A-Ed. By Kees Versteegh
Chinese in Jawi
http://pic.baike.soso.com/p/20120426/ext-20120426145704-415320909.jpg http://baike.sogou.com/PicBooklet.v?relateImageGroupIds=&lemmaId=10997589&picUrls=%2Fp%2F20120426%2F20120426144235-633956042.jpg,%2Fp%2F20120426%2F20120426145704-415320909.jpg&type=1#simple_0 http://baike.sogou.com/PicBooklet.v?relateImageGroupIds=&lemmaId=10997589&picUrls=%2Fp%2F20120426%2F20120426145704-415320909.jpg,%2Fp%2F20120426%2F20120426144235-633956042.jpg&type=1#simple_0
http://baike.baidu.com/view/2201396.htm http://www.labtud.com/article-1653277-1.html http://m.wangchao.net.cn/baike/tcdetail_1482874.html http://www.2muslim.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=54127&do=blog&id=63336 http://www.hotwikipedia.us/Wikipedia-1074606-Hui-small-by.html
小經原文： مُو شٍ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمْ شُوَ: ثِيُوَ ثِي عِلْمَ ڞٌ يَوْ لاً دَوْ فٌ مُ. شٍژٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلاَمُ كُو شُو لِيَوْ: ﯖِيَا ژُوَ نِي ثِيُوَ عِلْمَ ﯖِ لُو جٌ ﯖِيًا يُو ﯖِ دَوْ خُوَ خَيْ قِي چُو لِيَوْ نِي ﯖِ سْخِوْ، نِي يَوْ ثِيَانْ ﯖٍ يِ كِيهَ بًا فَا طٌ قُو تَا ثِيُوَ عِلْمَ کِ، يٍ وِي زَيْ نِي خُوَ جَنَّة جٌ ﯖِيًا مُوَ يُو بِيهَ ﯖِ لُو، جِ يُو ثِيُوَ ثِي عِلْمَ ﯖِ لُو.
مُو شٍ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمْ شُوَ: ثِيُوَ ثِي عِلْمَ ڞٌ يَوْ لاً دَوْ فٌ مُ. شٍژٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلاَمُ كُو شُو لِيَوْ: ﯖِيَا ژُوَ نِي ثِيُوَ عِلْمَ ﯖِ لُو جٌ ﯖِيًا يُو ﯖِ دَوْ خُوَ خَيْ قِي چُو لِيَوْ نِي ﯖِ سْخِوْ، نِي يَوْ ثِيَانْ ﯖٍ يِ كِيهَ بًا فَا طٌ قُو تَا ثِيُوَ عِلْمَ کِ، يٍ وِي زَيْ نِي خُوَ جَنَّة جٌ ﯖِيًا مُوَ يُو بِيهَ ﯖِ لُو، جِ يُو ثِيُوَ ثِي عِلْمَ ﯖِ لُو.
http://baike.baidu.com/view/2201396.htm http://www.baike.com/wiki/回族小经 http://www.labtud.com/article-1653277-1.html http://www.somdom.com/arabic/t7104 http://m.wangchao.net.cn/baike/tcdetail_1482874.html
方言音譯： 穆聖賽來拉乎阿來一黑哇賽來木說：學習爾林從搖籃到墳墓。聖人阿來一黑賽倆木擴說遼： 假如在你學習爾林幾路中間有幾道火海，隔出遼你幾司侯，你要想盡一切辦法通過它學爾林其，因為在你霍占乃提中間牟有別幾路，只有學習爾林幾路。
http://www.labtud.com/article-1653277-1.html 普通話翻譯： 穆聖（願主福安之）說：「學習知識，從搖籃到墳墓。」聖人（祝他平安）又說：「假如在你求知的路上有幾道火海隔斷了你，這時你要想盡一切辦法來通過火海繼續去求知，因為在你和天堂之間沒有別的路，只有學習知識的路。??
http://tupian.baike.com/a4_55_01_01300000353865129682014958157_jpg.html http://a4.att.hudong.com/55/01/01300000353865129682014958157.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_25_90_01300000353865129681908754912_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/25/90/01300000353865129681908754912.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a1_65_01_01300000353865129682018586811_jpg.html http://a1.att.hudong.com/65/01/01300000353865129682018586811.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a4_30_98_01300000353865129681985662486_jpg.html http://a4.att.hudong.com/30/98/01300000353865129681985662486.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a1_34_98_01300000353865129681988480808_jpg.html http://a1.att.hudong.com/34/98/01300000353865129681988480808.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_30_97_01300000353865129681973005758_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/30/97/01300000353865129681973005758.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a4_46_89_01300000353865129681891160268_jpg.html http://a4.att.hudong.com/46/89/01300000353865129681891160268.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a4_05_97_01300000353865129681977419517_jpg.html http://a4.att.hudong.com/05/97/01300000353865129681977419517.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a4_02_96_01300000353865129681960867632_jpg.html http://a4.att.hudong.com/02/96/01300000353865129681960867632.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a2_42_00_01300000353865129682003409478_jpg.html http://a2.att.hudong.com/42/00/01300000353865129682003409478.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a2_58_02_01300000353865129682026002966_jpg.html http://a2.att.hudong.com/58/02/01300000353865129682026002966.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_32_02_01300000353865129682021829388_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/32/02/01300000353865129682021829388.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a1_65_96_01300000353865129681964006764_jpg.html http://a1.att.hudong.com/65/96/01300000353865129681964006764.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_68_02_01300000353865129682029187878_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/68/02/01300000353865129682029187878.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a1_64_01_01300000353865129682010117938_jpg.html http://a1.att.hudong.com/64/01/01300000353865129682010117938.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_37_99_01300000353865129681998379537_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/37/99/01300000353865129681998379537.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_36_97_01300000353865129681979992015_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/36/97/01300000353865129681979992015.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a2_42_00_01300000353865129682003409478_jpg.html http://a2.att.hudong.com/42/00/01300000353865129682003409478_140.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a2_58_02_01300000353865129682026002966_jpg.html http://a2.att.hudong.com/58/02/01300000353865129682026002966_140.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_32_02_01300000353865129682021829388_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/68/02/01300000353865129682029187878_140.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a2_42_00_01300000353865129682003409478_jpg.html http://a1.att.hudong.com/64/01/01300000353865129682010117938_140.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a1_34_98_01300000353865129681988480808_jpg.html http://a1.att.hudong.com/34/98/01300000353865129681988480808_140.jpg http://tupian.baike.com/a3_53_96_01300000353865129681968647057_jpg.html http://a3.att.hudong.com/53/96/01300000353865129681968647057_140.jpg
http://a0.att.hudong.com/85/00/01300000353865129682007558720_s.jpg http://a3.att.hudong.com/25/90/01300000353865129681908754912_s.jpg http://a2.att.hudong.com/62/00/01300000353865129682000604777_s.jpg