|WikiProject Websites / Computing|
Borderline promotional article
I object to deletion.
1. There was an equivalent article in German up until Friday, January 22, but it was deleted due to the claim that there was not enough references. This case with the English article is different as there has been much news coverage of askalo, primarily in blogs, and every section of this article is referenced, and criticism is included (why would a promotional article include criticism of itself? please explain.).
2. I reject the notion that grounds for deletion are that "Most of the so-called references are blogs." These are news blogs. News blogs are increasingly joining major corporate-backed news media as reliable sources for news, even more so in the technology industry. The majority of tech industry news, specifically internet tech news is presented in blogs. Therefore, I find little validity in assertions that these blog references are not notable, and request that more explanation be provided as to how you support the argument that such tech news blogs are not notable. Miztap (talk) 10:50, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
As a gesture of assurance and respect for Wikipedia's high standards of quality and compliance with their rules in article writing, I have added 3 additional recent news references to this article, including an additional criticism. Miztap (talk) 11:11, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- I'm glad to see that you've modified your line and no longer "take offense" regarding the issue of blogs. However, regarding the assertion of notability of any particular blog, I suspect that the onus is on you, having decided that it should be used as a reference, to assert its relevance. In fact, I agree entirely with you regarding the importance of certain blogs, etc., but until the Wikipedia community reaches the corresponding consensus on that issue. them's the rules. --Technopat (talk) 12:17, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to continue to add more references as they come to improve the quality of this article and look to find additional non-blog references to improve the credibility of its sources. Miztap (talk) 15:50, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for changing your IP signature to your User ID signature, thereby confirming that you are a Yalwa employee:
- inetnum: 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- netname: YALWA-STATIC-NET2
- descr: Network for Yalwa GmbH
- country: DE
- Whaledad (talk) 18:32, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Would this be wrong? I wrote an unbiased article with references. I'm confused: Are you actually thanking me or is this sarcasm? I'm just trying to follow the rules of Wikipedia, so it would be nice if you can clarify your comment and contribute something constructive that can help me continue this article in accordance with Wikipedia standards. Thanks Miztap (talk) 11:09, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- It is generally considered undesirable (WP:SOAP for people to write about themself, their own projects, or their own company. Yalwa is busy accross the globe to fill local Wikipedia projects with articles on Yalwa, Locanto and Askalo, where the company and their websites are largely unknown, and haven't reached any level of Encyclopedic interest. In several local projects (inlcuding home market Germany) all Yalwa content has already been removed for this reason. The references that are offered up, are mostly sites/blogs where companies can place articles about themselves, whereby the circle is completed. Looking at visitorship to Yalwa sites (Alexa.com) it would seem that Yalwa is taken other questionable steps to make their sites seem more popular. Just one example: Locanto has a site in India (Locanto.in) yet almost 2/3 of the visitorship to the US site is from India. Why would so many people from India be interested in (or be placing?) local ads in the US? There is something very fishy here... Whaledad (talk) 16:48, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- NL-Wiki: "21 jan 2011 11:51 MoiraMoira (Overleg | bijdragen) verwijderde "Locanto" (Verwijdersessie pagina's 21/01/2011: crosswiki prompushing voor advertentiesite)" in English: "21 Jan 2011 11:51 MoiraMoira (Talk | Contribs) removed "Locanto" (Remvoal session pages 21/01/2011: crosswiki promopushing for ad site)" --Whaledad (talk) 17:02, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- DE-Wiki: "11:50, 20. Jan. 2011 Karsten11 (Diskussion | Beiträge) hat „Askalo“ gelöscht (Gemäß Löschdiskussion (siehe → Links): Wikipedia:Löschkandidaten/13._Januar_2011#Askalo_.28gel.C3.B6scht.29)" --Whaledad (talk) 17:04, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Askalo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5wB425piX?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alexa.com%2Fsiteinfo%2Faskalo.com to http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/askalo.info
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.