Talk:Astronomy Picture of the Day
|WikiProject Astronomy||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Photography||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Origin of APOD
APOD originated with and was created by Robert Nemiroff and Jerry Bonnell in 1995, as has been documented since the beginning of APOD. John Kressel has recently claimed that the idea for APOD originated with him. His claim has been refuted by both Robert Nemiroff and Jerry Bonnell.
I found this a very very great website. Just make us feel great about the natural wonders of the universe. Keep it up APOD guys
Regards Swarup Bhusari Nagpur, India
- Agreed 100%. APOD is the best way to start the day. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:10, 8 September 2010 (UTC)
Wikipedia Commons features
- is there a way to get that image ito infobox template? I tried putting http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/calendar/today.jpg into logo or screenshot, but it didn't show up because it is external image, probably... 220.127.116.11
Links to mirrors
In the edit text, there is a comment about APOD mirrors, and not adding "them all" as a link. Why should there be any mirror on there? I think it would be a lot better only having the original APOD and the list of mirrors linked. --yanneman 09:43, 23 July 2007 (UTC)
http://apod.nasa.gov/ appears to be permanently unavailable. However, most of the original content is now available on http://nasasapod.tumblr.com/ Perhaps it is worth updating the links on this page ?
Your Moma is So Fat .. Obi Wan said "That's No Moon!" (talk) 22:44, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
Website title or name of the picture.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Astronomy Picture of the Day. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070907221350/http://www.aas.org:80/publications/baas/v27n4/aas187/S005006.html to http://www.aas.org/publications/baas/v27n4/aas187/S005006.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131003185001/http://asterisk.apod.com:80/library/APOD/APOD%20mirror/APOD%20Asterisk%20Mirror.html to http://asterisk.apod.com/library/APOD/APOD%20mirror/APOD%20Asterisk%20Mirror.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.