|B movie is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured article on August 14, 2010.|
|Current status: Featured article|
|WikiProject Film||(Rated FA-class)|
Genre movie not the same as B movie
I agree, my perception was always that "B movies" are cheap &/or cheesy exploitation films. While exploitation films are genre films, not all genre films are exploitation films. --188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:18, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should avoid using our impressions and perceptions and get to objective, concise information. This entire article is all over the place and very imprecise.--Davmpls 01:02, 2 November 2009 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Davmpls (talk • contribs)
It seems a few years have passed without this issue being addressed. I came here following a link to Genre Movies and this isn't what I expected at all - B Movies ARE completely different. Star Wars is a genre movie, Red River (1948 film) is a genre movie - would you have me believe they are B Movies too? There's a page for Genre Fiction; why isn't there a page for Genre Movie? Bee-jay (talk) 12:04, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
More glamorous brother needs a home
A Movie and A Film redirect to unexpected places. It's tough to search for these phrases. Anybody have any suggestions for sources to create an article? Clarityfiend (talk) 22:23, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm going to move this to Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Film. Any comments should go there. Clarityfiend (talk) 22:56, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
Merger with Low-budget film
This article has the same topic as B movies (Hollywood Golden Age). I don't understand why we have two articles. There are links all through the body to the "main" article. Bhny (talk) 20:12, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- I've publicized this discussion to WT:FILM. NinjaRobotPirate (talk) 23:37, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I changed my mind and removed the merge proposal. There's an overlap with actually five different main articles in the history section. I redid the sections so there are now only one of each "link to main article". I think it is ok now but this article is bloated. Bhny (talk) 01:21, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
might i suggest that the references reprogrammed
How is it 'ambiguity on both sides of the definition'?
In the introduction it currently states that "A B movie is a low-budget commercial motion picture that is not an arthouse film. [...] In its post–Golden Age usage, there is ambiguity on both sides of the definition: on the one hand, many B movies display a high degree of craft and aesthetic ingenuity; on the other, the primary interest of many inexpensive exploitation films is prurient."
The 'other side' should, I guess, be something that fulfils the definiens but is arguably NOT a B movie. But an inexpensive exploitation film is in my mind (and in the current characterisation given in Wikipedia) a paradigmatic example of a B movie. If 'both sides' should remain, a better example/description is needed. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Knyckis (talk • contribs) 14:58, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on B movie. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061020055922/http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/roadshow.php to http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/roadshow.php
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/5xiiQcggz?url=http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F19740101%2FREVIEWS%2F401010319%2F1023 to http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=%2F19740101%2FREVIEWS%2F401010319%2F1023
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.