|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
"Neo-rave general" is the name given to DJs and acts who have played at Bang Face. It's different from "hard crew". Just thought I'd point that out, dudes. --220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:05, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
"Multiple issues" tag
Can whoever inserted that tag please specify what issues they have with the article? If they don't raise them here within one month, the tag will be removed. Thanks. --Mashcore (talk) 19:40, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I didn't tag the article, but I can tell you just by looking at it that it definitely has multiple issues. Chief amongst them is notability. As if that weren't enough (and it is), there's a significant lack of citations, and that's particularly troubling when the article contains quotes from people. What citations it does have consist of an obscure website and the site of the article's subject - this is an enormous red flag of self-promotion. What's more, there are far larger, more well-established annual raves, carnivals, and parties that lack articles on wikipedia, not because no one has bothered to write them, but because without at least minor coverage from a local news source (not a one-off website), it's tough to justify them as encyclopedically notable.
--K10wnsta (talk) 21:28, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- It's also notable enough to have been mentioned in the Daily Telegraph. Link added. --Mashcore (talk) 11:54, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
Media coverage of Bang Face
In response to those who claim that Bang Face isn't "notable" enough to be included on Wikipedia, here is a list of print articles referencing Bang Face:
Daily Telegraph - 29 June 2010 Daily Mail 2010 New York Times - 22 January 2007 The Guardian - 2006 The Observer - May 08 Metro - Oct 07, Dec 07, Jan 08, Jan 09 Time Out - Mar 08, Nov 08
Are those mainstream enough for you? Plus a few music media articles (by no means an exhaustive list): NME - June 06 DJ Mag - Jan 07, Oct 07, July 08 IDJ - Apr 07, Summer 08 Electronic Beats - 2006 Felix - 2009 The River - Nov 07
Plus many more that I haven't listed yet. People do have a point when they say the existing article reads too much like an advert or PR spin though. I will shortly be offering a complete rewrite that is more compliant with Wikipedia guidelines, with the references being incorporated in subsequent edits. Anyone care to collaborate on this? --Mashcore (talk) 18:24, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- Have now made a start on this work. I have added the Telegraph and NYT references, with many more to follow. I have removed the tags about "notability" etc as I no longer believe they are justified. --Mashcore (talk) 18:56, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
This piece is not objective, it heavily implies that Bang Face is more fun and less pretentious than most other nights. However this is subjective, and is unverifiable. I hear Bang Face IS lots of fun, none the less the link is to quotes directly from the organiser. Mongoletsi (talk) 13:05, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Bang Face. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071223212521/http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/ to http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.