Talk:Battle of Deorham
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Battle of Deorham article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The combatant principalities
The combatant nations were as far as is known-
- Cerin (UK) (Romano-British) - in Cirencester and north eastern Gloucestershire and eastern Gloucestershire. It is not to be confused with the town of Cerin in Slovakia. 
- Badden (Romano-British) - in Bath, Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- Glouvia (A.K.A. Glevum) (Romano-British)- Western Gloucester and Northern Gloucestershire. 
- Ergyng (Welsh) - in south west Herefordshire, northern Monmouthshire and the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.
- Hwicce (West Saxon people) - in most of Gloucestershire outside the Forest of Dean.
- Wessex (West Saxon people) - in the Isle of Wight, Hampshire, most of Wiltshire, Berkshire and southern Oxfordshire.