Talk:Battle of FSB Mary Ann
|WikiProject Vietnam||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
This page claims that the Battle of FSB Mary Ann was the largest battle over a fire support base during the Vietnam War, this is just wrong as the internal link will show, the Battle of Fire Support Base Ripcord, was much larger, 250 American dead to 33 at Mary Ann. I am going to remove it tommorow if there are no objections.Colin 8 03:02, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
- The article still contains this claim. What is the basis for it? Bastie (talk) 22:47, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ripcord was a multi-day event, while Mary Ann was a single engagement. I'll have to check, but I'm fairly sure that there were some FSB engagements in III CTZ that resulted in more US KIA in the same period of time (say one night or one assault).Intothatdarkness (talk) 18:17, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
This one is difficult, because Keith Nolan's book is the only single-volume examination of FSB Mary Ann. I plan to add some other stuff to amplify his work, though. Intothatdarkness (talk) 21:46, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
- In a related note, does anyone know of a free-use image of Mary Ann? The linked page has one, but I'd like to have one for the main article. Intothatdarkness (talk) 20:54, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Battle of FSB Mary Ann. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070311181129/http://www.historynet.com:80/magazines/vietnam/3038336.html?page=1&c=y to http://www.historynet.com/magazines/vietnam/3038336.html?page=1&c=y
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.