Talk:Betelgeuse in fiction
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 10 April 2011. The result of the discussion was keep.|
This does not Mention the Star in Babylon 5 universe in that universe the star has 5 planets none of which are earth like by the way. but the 4th planet from the star is a desert planet but it does not support life its Atmosphere is too posinus to breath. does have alot of carbon dioxde so it may be possible to terraform. in summery this is some of the information on Betelguese from Babylon 5.
- You sure? I don't recall any mention of Betelgeuse in B5. Astronaut (talk) 02:16, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
I am not 100% sure, but I think this star is also mentioned in Ian Wallace's "The Lucifer Comet", which I read a year ago. I will check it if I get the book once again. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:38, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
Removal of "Doctor Who" item - Notability
I removed the newly installed item:
- Doctor Who (1963-), British TV series. In the 1979 serial Destiny of the Daleks, the fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, finds Davros in suspended animation on Skaro. After Davros awakes, he asks the Doctor to update him on events while he was asleep. The Doctor tells him that Arcturus had won the Galactic Olympic Games, with Betelgeuse coming second. The script editor of this serial was Douglas Adams who also mentions Betelgeuse in his radio series The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which aired around the same time.
Wikipedia guidelines for notability require that the use of Betelgeuse in a listed work of fiction be important to the plot or characters. Good examples would be a work that is set on a planet of Betelgeuse, or that has significant plot elements centering on Betelgeuse as a location in space. Allowance can even be made for major characters who are from Betelgeuse. But mere mention of Betelgeuse in an offhand way, where any other star name would do as well, is not sufficiently notable for inclusion in the article.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Betelgeuse in fiction. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120204084859/http://www.perry-rhodan-usa.com/web1998/sersumm.htm to http://www.perry-rhodan-usa.com/web1998/sersumm.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.