Talk:Boscastle flood of 2004
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
What responses were taken after the flood happened?
I have now added these - Marky7890 23:30, 5 May 2007 (UTC)
I was there when this happened we was just arriving to boscastle when we couldnt go no further cause of the flood we then went up the next day the whole place was a mess we used to go like every year and walk around the cliff as a family was some of the best holidays iv had, I hope they manage to restore this place as much as possible as it is a/where a beutiful place. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ukaz87 (talk • contribs) 00:43, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
Metric and Imperial measurements
2m does not = 7ft. 10ft does not = 3m. Can't alter it to one or the other or a more accurate mean - maybe - as I only was around to shovel muck the following week. Anyone? Plutonium27 21:02, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
90ft of water hit boscastle.
- I have to agree with the above IP comment: the article talks about the causes of the flood, and describes the timeline of clear-up, but says nothing about whether any lives were lost (OK, it's in the infobox), does not describe the events of the day, does not describe the damage. Someone just added a statement about the number of cars destroyed, which was deleted (misguidedly? perhaps because it didn't fit into "causes"?) as vandalism, but the info ought to be in here somewhere. Perhaps a section has been lost in the course of editing, though looking at the recent history doesn't offer a sudden drop in article length. Very strange. PamD (talk) 09:39, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Edit request on 19 March 2013
Atlantic Ocean not Atlantic Sea easy mistake
- There is no need to be so insulting. I've done the edit. Done--Salix (talk): 22:09, 19 March 2013 (UTC)
there was one injury, a broken thumb.
()_() (*_*) /(___)\ / \ bunny — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:37, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
\ / \/ suck a duck — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 09:34, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 19 May 2014
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Done, thanks. Technical explanation: the infobox template offers a "duration" parameter, which the original editor duly filled in, but that's intended for start and end dates rather than a length of time. NebY (talk) 17:26, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Boscastle flood of 2004. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050114210524/http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk:80/news/944736?lang=_e to http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/news/944736?lang=_e&theme=®ion=&subject=&searchfor=boscastle&any_all=&choose_order=&exactphrase=&withoutwords=
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Removed excessively detailed geological information
I have removed a whole swathe of geological and meteorological information that (IMHO) is excessively detailed and not relevant to the average Wikipedia reader who wishes to read about the flood, its causes and effects. I suspect that a lot of this material has been copied and pasted from a primary source, in violation of WP:NOFULLTEXT. Portnadler (talk) 14:27, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
in the end of the boscastle flood it was disastrous and i think that boscastle is an obvious arget for floods... — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:57, 15 February 2017 (UTC)