Talk:Central Bank of Iraq
- 1 Validity of Report
- 2 Events before establishment ?
- 3 lol
- 4 So wheres the information on the greatest bank job of history ?
- 5 Unsourced Section of Robbery
- 6 The Central Bank of Iraq (Arabic: البنك المركزي العراقي) is the central bank of Iraq.
- 7 Changing the "Architecture" section title
- 8 Al Shabibi dismissal deleted?
Validity of Report
Does anyone have access to the report in question? It would be good to know the validity of this. See Indymedia. The journal is "International Currency Review", but is reportedly $450 per issue, well beyond my budget for researching a wikipedia article.
The following is from the Indymedia report.
International Currency Review
Journal of the World Financial Community.
ISSN Reference: 0020-6490 The world currency intelligence magazine with independent country-currency reports, which enjoys a global reputation for calling world currency, economic and related global developments. MORE...
First Published: 1969
Price US$: 475.00
Issues per series: 4
An independent expert source used for over 30 years by international institutions, banks, investors, corporations and official agencies. worldreports.org
- Aaronwinborn 14:27, 23 February 2006 (UTC)
- How could electronically withdrawing $10 billion from the Central Bank of Iraq possibly work on the eve of the invasion? An electronic withdrawal is simply an electronic order. Some bank official must still, in the end, fork over the cash to fulfill the order or record the liability, and I don't think any Central Bank official in Iraq delivered the entire wealth of the nation to the CIA or any account for that matter just because of some fraudulent electronic transfer. If someone can explain this "report," I'd be interested, because it sounds really bogus to me.
Events before establishment ?
Please fix the incoherence: The article start by saying the bank was established in 2004, and then explain how it was robbed in 2003, that does not make sense. If we are talking about a previous bank, we should make it clear. Thanks a lot ! Nicolas1981 (talk) 02:00, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. We should draw a line in the History section maybe separating the old central bank from the actual central bank. That would require some information on the previous bank as well. Or we could handle it as the same bank which has undergone serious reform. Fernando A. Gimenez (talk) 04:22, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
So wheres the information on the greatest bank job of history ?
I remember a late night radio broadcast that went out on BBC world service at the time. The money was loaded on to helicopters by coalition/security force for delivery to a swiss bank but got lost... The couriers forgot to get a deposit slip! Strangely enough the story was gone by the morning, along with passionate interviews given by a halibuton employees detailing the systematic abandoning of company policy in the handling of cash and contracts. The scale of the Great Iraq Robbery is beyond comprehention of the sane.
Unsourced Section of Robbery
This section of the article relating to the robbery:
"However, this was meager in comparison to the Bank Heist of late 2008 to 2011 when the U.S federal reserve digitally removed over 3 trillion U.S $ in stimulus and bank bailouts. The Heist was perpetrated by Goldman Sachs, Citi-Bank and JP-Morgan and to date, like the Iraq Heist, no criminals have been brought to trial."
The Central Bank of Iraq (Arabic: البنك المركزي العراقي) is the central bank of Iraq.
Changing the "Architecture" section title
The title of the Architecture section could be renamed so other data about the building beyond the design can be added. For example when it was first built, why, actual location, facilities, etc. I propose "Headquarters" or "Building". Any ideas? Fernando A. Gimenez (talk) 02:45, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
Al Shabibi dismissal deleted?
The dismissal of Al Shabibi, former Central Bank chief, has been deleted altogehter. There were a few paragraphs about it, and the event involve other scandals, corruption allegations, arrest warrant for Shabibi, etc. I think it was quite important to be deleted without any summary in history or talk pages. Almost looks like vandalism, but not sure. Will revert the changes in a few days, unless some express contrary ideas here. Fernando A. Gimenez (talk) 22:12, 14 September 2013 (UTC)