Talk:Ciudad Colonial (Santo Domingo)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Can we develop this article please?
I want to develop this article because is of great importance to the nation and the whole Continent of the New World. The Oldest European History is located Here(Of The New World). help will be great.EdwinCasadoBaez 06:52, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
i Have tons of photos, Info, and self Knowledge about this section. Can ya help me organizing this section guys. It will be so appreciated in developing this important Mini-Section within the Santo Domingo EdwinCasadoBaez 07:18, 25 March 2007 (UTC)
I have re-rated in WPCities and WikiProject Caribbean witch I believe was a a bit underrated. – Moebiusuibeom-en 02:43, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- Re-assess again / It was under-underrated further down without consultation by whom it doesn't matter, probably a simple mistake! – Moebiusuibeom-en 15:39, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
If you look at the Manual of Style section on images you will see that it recommend starting the article with a right-aligned image in all cases and generally not using left or center alignment unless necessary. A large image in the center of an article goes against that, so I aligned it to the right and gave it a caption, which makes it much more informative. Also, if you have a version without the fading border, I think it would fit the encyclopedic tone of Wikipedia better (and make it easier to see as a thumbnail), but it's not really a big deal. Thanks! Waqcku 03:13, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
- well ok, i guess that seems better...EdwinCasadoBaez 08:51, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- Do we want just another article or a “Brilliant Article”
- In the Wikipedia Manual of Style it states changes are unacceptable in the absence of a compelling reason to do otherwise.
- Here are the reasons:
- 1] Center alignment is acceptable
- 2] A lead image that captures the essence of the article may be over 300px
- 3] Fading border images are totally acceptable
- … so, do we want to be conformists or should we opt for a Bold Statement, certainly Ciudad Colonial deserves a little better!
I agree with what you say Moebiusuibeom-en however, i been getting accused of vandalism lately so i have ceased making edits or arguements with other users, i think is better if the image is in the center but this user changed it, you should put it back...EdwinCasadoBaez (talk) 02:10, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
I added the UNESCO tag for this article, adding what information I had about it. It needs to be expanded more within the tag and the article. Wildhartlivie 07:22, 16 October 2007 (UTC)