|WikiProject Education||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
The Concept Inventory entry does a poor job of distinguishing a CI from any other large-scale standardized test for which there is a pass-fail threshold. For example, the emphasis on "research" to justify CI distracters is not a distinguishing feature. There is research and systematic development of distractors for all (or nearly all) professionally developed norm referenced tests. Furthermore, a norm-referenced test can have a criterion pass-fail point, using scales that are norm referenced.
It was not my intent to show that the research on distractors distinguishes CIs from other tests. What I tried to do is to show the reader why research on distractors is important. The distractors selected by a student completing a CI ought to shed light on the student's understanding of the concept in question.Iss246 (talk) 21:03, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Concept inventory. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://webarchive.loc.gov/all/20090907000100/http://prst-per.aps.org/abstract/PRSTPER/v2/i1/e010105 to http://prst-per.aps.org/abstract/PRSTPER/v2/i1/e010105
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110917034304/http://www.evolutionassessment.org/ to http://www.evolutionassessment.org/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20041212202058/http://modeling.la.asu.edu/R%26E/Research.html to http://modeling.la.asu.edu/R%26E/Research.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110310120759/http://www.lifescinventory.edu.au/ to http://www.lifescinventory.edu.au/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.