|WikiProject Environment||(Rated Disambig-class)|
it would be more approp in this disambig page.
- nomics - too far removed for the topic and if included 100's of others should then be added.
life and removing this option without a replacement was not helpful.
- Archaeological whether it is conservation/preservation/renovation is also surprisingly a popular topic.
- A lot of articles are not very precise in their use of the word "conservation" and in some contexts it refers to the theory and ethical movement and in others to practical activities. In working on fixing the pages linked to the disambiguation page (in the project Wikipedia:Disambiguation pages with links/2007-08-02 dump) I want to fix the leave the original word in the page and make sure it links to something relevant and not to the disambiguation page. If I was replacing the link directly, some of these articles would need serious re-writing.
- I apologise if my response to your changes seemed abrupt, but there are hundreds of links to fix and it is inevitable in fixing the links that the list of options in this page will grow - and some of them the new links will be quite rarely used and tenuous. I am already looking for an article that deals with the conservation of paper artifacts - though why people want paper when there is wikipedia is beyond me. Stellar 11:01, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
Consevation means to save.
Conservation of energy
Most meanings here relate to (human) management of natural or cultural resources. Why aren't conservation of energy and other physics topics listed? I'd add them myself, but the fact that none are listed implies that there might be a good reason for this. --Damian Yerrick (talk | stalk) 16:19, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Oops: After rereading, I saw conservation law and realized that it wasn't about legal aspects of use of natural resources. --Damian Yerrick (talk | stalk) 16:24, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
Conservation categories in Wikipedia
I propose that we clearly distinguish the major categories of Conservation in Wikipedia, with a main article for each:
- Conservation (= Protection and management of environment and natural resources)
- Cultural conservation (= Art protection and restoration)
- Physical laws of conservation (= Conservation laws)
I would favor the following:
- Move Conservation disambiguation page to "Conservation (disambiguation)"
- Move Conservation (ethics) to "Conservation" with a solid rewrite
- Provide disambiguation of "Conservation law" in legal vs physical sense