Talk:Digital pen

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Computing / Hardware (Rated Stub-class)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers, computing, and information technology on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Stub-Class article Stub  This article has been rated as Stub-Class on the project's quality scale.
 ???  This article has not yet received a rating on the project's importance scale.
Taskforce icon
This article is supported by Computer hardware task force.
Note icon
This article has been automatically rated by a bot or other tool as Stub-Class because it uses a stub template. Please ensure the assessment is correct before removing the |auto= parameter.

Page overwrites[edit]

The Stylus (computing) page was recently copied and pasted over this page, overwriting this article. It wasn't previously discussed. Any blanking, overwriting or page moves should be discussed first. Thanks, Lester 20:12, 3 November 2009 (UTC)

Yes, my apologies this was my mistake. The actual problem is the stylus (computing) article. Mootros (talk) 15:09, 5 November 2009 (UTC)

Article needs rewrite[edit]

I propose that this article needs a rewrite. It doesn't have any accurate or referenced information. A digital pen is a device larger than a stylus, with more features, eg such as manufactured by Wacom.--Lester 03:26, 4 November 2009 (UTC)

3 kinds of writing devices[edit]

Wikipedia currently has 2 articles -- digital pen and stylus (computing) -- to cover 3 kinds of electronic writing/drawing devices:

  • passive objects held in the hand, used with some kind of graphics tablet or touchscreen or other active writing surface. (The writing surface senses the position).
  • active devices held in the hand, used with ordinary blank paper or paper with some special dot pattern printed on it or some other passive writing surface. (The device in hand senses the position).
  • active devices held in the hand, used with some kind of active writing surface.

I think "stylus" is fine for the first category -- any suggestions for 2 good article titles for the remaining 2 categories of devices? --DavidCary (talk) 19:35, 6 August 2014 (UTC)