Talk:Doctor Thaddeus Venture
|This is the talk page of a List of The Venture Bros. characters#Team Venture that redirects to the page:|
• List of The Venture Bros. characters
Because this page is not frequently watched, present and future discussions and edit requests should take place at:
• Talk:List of The Venture Bros. characters
|This redirect is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
If I'm remembering the episode correctly, the gist of Rusty's Law is not to allow time to recover from a kidnapping; it says something to the effect that you have to release any hostage for three days if they have a medical emergency. Anyone have the episode handy to verify or disprove this? - DynSkeet * Talk 13:41, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- While it was stated that Dr. Venture was the source for Rusty's law, I do not think they specified whether he too had testicular tortion, or some other ailment. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 14:33, August 7, 2006
I think this should be moved to Dr. Venture, instead of Dr. Thaddeus Venture or Doctor Thaddeus Venture or Doctor Venture. -th1rt3en 15:17, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- From the article history, it looks like someone is going on a crusade to rename all articles containing "Mr." of "Dr." to "Mister" or "Doctor". That part, meh. I think Thaddeus should remain in the article name, simply because there are too many Ventures in the show who may or may not be entitled to the title of doctor. - DynSkeet * Talk 15:25, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
The Ooh Ray while a disappointment makes one think that it's all a matter of perspective. His failures may make "Operation Rusty's Blanket" mentioned in Assassinanny_911 well worth the cost. - Sparky 03:46, 25 September 2006 (UTC)
Thaddeus or Thadeus ?
It seems assumed that Dr. Venture's first name is spelled "Thaddeus" [sc]. I love the VB, and I have seen on the DVD episodes, that on printed materials in the show his name is spelled with only one 'd' - ala "Thadeus" [sic].
Can some one confirm/deny this? You can first see this clearly @ about 45 seconds into the pilot (The Terrible Secret of Turtle Bay). I have transcribed the news paper article I am referring to here. I have included a screen shot on this page for confirmation. I havent seen any other printing of Dr. Venture's name anywhere on the DVDs, so I can only conclude his name to have only one "d". --Mespinola 04:59, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
This article is really good!
As of now (June 11, 2008), this article is really one of the better-written VB-related articles. I really like the penultimate paragraph (a character summary -- to which I added Dr. Henry Killinger's take on Venture's perpetual failure), and the closing sentence ("He is, perhaps, a super-scientist who doesn't actually seem to like being one."), which is quite incisive.
Can I nominate the article for something? If so, what? Do I have to register to do so?
--22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:27, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- Rather than incisive, I assure you it'll be seen as original research. Nominate this for Good Article status, and at best it'll be pointed and laughed at, and at worst it'll be deleted. Nothing against Venture Bros, it's one of my favorite shows, but the Wikipedia articles are both poorly written and in violation of about every Wikipedia guideline in existence. -- AvatarMN (talk) 00:26, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- Agreed. I like the spirit, but these practically have to be deleted and recreated from scratch to meet with the standards required of actual high grade wikipedia articles. Further, given the fervor surrounding the age old 'fan cruft' debate, it's really really a bad idea to bring a fan article that breaks the rules to the fore. unless you want it to get VFD'd out of existence. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:40, 24 August 2008 (UTC)
Plot section needs alot of work, it says here that Dr. Venture has repeatedly cloned his son after he dies. which is not the case, he already cloned them when they were born, and since then they brought a new dean/hank whenever they die. the first episode of season 4 even confirms it when number 21 wanted to clone number 24 but was let down when he said that he can't put in the age.
actually many of these articles have alot of original research no one seems to want to remove. If itwere up to me, i would but i fear of getting into an edit war with a TVB fans.Bread Ninja (talk) 03:22, 10 April 2010 (UTC)