|WikiProject Dinosaurs||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Palaeontology||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Is not the taxon described as "Cretaceous owl" Bradycneme draculae a probable synonym of E. nopcsai? If so, this should be remarked in the text and redirects from Bradycneme draculae should point to Elopteryx and from Bradycnemidae to Troodontidae (to be changed as needed in the latter case). Also, the taxa should be added to the senior synonym's taxoboxes.
See also here , here  for references for description & placement in non-avian theropods, but also  here for non-placement of Bradycneme in Troodontidae. Dysmorodrepanis 20:49, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
- I can't find any sources referring Elopteryx to troodontidae, and the sources you point out argue against it. I'll leave it in Maniraptora as incertae sedis for now, but redirect the genera as you recomend. Dinoguy2 21:53, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
This article is really shaping up, and the many recent additions have filled out this article. I don't understand, though, why Elopteryginae appears in the taxobox as a synonym. This article is primarily about the genus Elopteryx, and Elopteryginae and Elopteryx aren't synonymous. Firsfron of Ronchester 22:45, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
- Right, it can't be synonymous since it's a different rank. "Elopteryginae" doesn't appear to have actually been published, per the hidden comment, only implied. Removed it. Dinoguy2 (talk) 05:20, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- Elopterygidae was apparently published by Lambrecht in the Handbuch. I ought to make a list of Stuff To Scan from that miraculous volume (you should definitely check it out if you can). But it is also wrong in synonymy here. It might one day appear in the synonymy list of the Troodontidae. But never here. Dysmorodrepanis (talk) 01:13, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
I'm curious about the disputed validity of Elopterygidae. Was the coining of the name possibly invalid under ICZN rules? The ICZN still governs family-level names, and I wasn't aware a family name could be invalidated. Synonymized sure, but invalidated? Would it be a nomen oblitum or something? Dinoguy2 (talk) 05:06, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Elopteryx. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110716054243/http://palaeontology.palass-pubs.org/pdf/Vol%2018/Pages%20563-570.pdf to http://palaeontology.palass-pubs.org/pdf/Vol%2018/Pages%20563-570.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060909131236/http://bio.fsu.edu/~amarquez/Evolutionary%20Morphology%20fall%202004/Weishampel/1096-%20Weishampel%20et%20al%201991%20-%20Transylvania%20dinosaurs.pdf to http://bio.fsu.edu/~amarquez/Evolutionary%20Morphology%20fall%202004/Weishampel/1096-%20Weishampel%20et%20al%201991%20-%20Transylvania%20dinosaurs.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.