Talk:Ethnic groups in Algeria

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

how about some more information?[edit]

when i entered this article, i hoped to find some data on the ethnic composition of Algeria, yet i still have no idea how high percentage Arabs/Berbers/whoever account for in that country. think it would be beneficial to add some statistics --Jaro7788 (talk) 12:21, 3 August 2011 (UTC)

External links modified[edit]

Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I have just modified 3 external links on Ethnic groups in Algeria. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:

When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at {{Sourcecheck}}).

As of February 2018, "External links modified" talk page sections are no longer generated or monitored by InternetArchiveBot. No special action is required on behalf of editors regarding these talk page notices, other than regular verification, as with any edit, using the archive tools per instructions below. This message updated dynamically through the template {{sourcecheck}} (last update: 1 May 2018).

  • If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
  • If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.


Cheers.—InternetArchiveBot (Report bug) 22:34, 20 July 2016 (UTC)

External links modified[edit]

Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I have just modified 2 external links on Ethnic groups in Algeria. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:

When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.

As of February 2018, "External links modified" talk page sections are no longer generated or monitored by InternetArchiveBot. No special action is required on behalf of editors regarding these talk page notices, other than regular verification, as with any edit, using the archive tools per instructions below. This message updated dynamically through the template {{sourcecheck}} (last update: 1 May 2018).

  • If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
  • If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.


Cheers.—InternetArchiveBot (Report bug) 17:52, 26 December 2016 (UTC)

February 2018[edit]

This has been removed because:

  • The first Turkish source (which isn't reliable to start with) says: "Etnik Özellikler: Cezayir nüfusunun çogunlugunu (% 78) Arap etnik kökeninden gelenlerin teskil ettikleri varsayilmaktadir... Cezayir nüfusunun %22’sini teskil eden Berberiler Kabil, Savi, Mozabit ve Tuareg gibi ait gruplardan olusmaktadir", which basically translates to: Ethnicity: It is assumed that the majority of the Algerian population (78%) consists of people of Arab ethnicity... The Berbers, which make up 22% of Algeria's population, are composed of groups such as Kabyles, Shawis, Mozabits and Tuaregs.
  • The second Turkish source is ancient. What someone claimed in 1953 (when 10% of the population was European) is neither here nor there. Furthermore, WP:RS contradicting it (describing Algeria's ethnic makeup as "99% Arab-Berber; less than 1 % European") can be cited ad nauseam.
  • The part that starts with "Today's Turkish descendants are often called Kouloughlis" is pure nonsense that has been falsely attributed to a couple of cherry picked sentences about the Ottoman era.
  • 1) The Oxford business group is not a reliable source. 2) Even if you consider it reliable, its latest editions (2011,[1] 2015[2]) and its website[3] clearly state that 99% of the population is considered to be of Arab or Berber descent, with the European minority comprising the remaining 1% of inhabitants.
  • The Sahrawi refugees are not Algerians, they live separately in their refugee camps.

References

  1. ^ The Report: Algeria 2011. Oxford Business Group. 2011. p. 9. ISBN 978-1-907065-37-8. 
  2. ^ Oxford Business Group (12 December 2015). The Report: Algeria 2015. Oxford Business Group. p. 12. ISBN 978-1-910068-47-2. 
  3. ^ "Algeria continues to move ahead into its future". Oxford Business Group. 16 Jan 2017. 

M.Bitton (talk) 00:13, 13 February 2018 (UTC)