Talk:European Market Infrastructure Regulation
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Request WikiProject Help
Begging for all the help I can get on the above three stamps.
- WikiProject Europe
- WikiProject Finance
- WikiProject Economics
Not an expert in Europe. All three areas seem "wide". Europe is a huge topic! This is a narrow subject. Same for Fiance and Economics. This is really about regulation.
Actually Europe seems almost parochial as in my book all this "regulation" fits together globally. Unless all regions tighten regulation in relative unison the regulatory arbitrage game is afoot!
Newbie alert on WikiProjects. HELP! Also will take any expert guidance on doing great categorization, getting the pages "atomic", using standard thesaurus technology (better term, wider term, see also...) All this free indexing makes me nervous...hard for people to navigate all relevant cross links. Rick (talk) 19:16, 20 April 2012 (UTC)
Seeking to clean up and expand this article
|An edit request by an editor with a conflict of interest has now been answered.|
Hi there! I'm looking to find some editors to help me improve and expand this article from the current stub status into something more informative and substantial. I'm looking to discuss changes here rather than making the edits myself as I have a conflict of interest since I've put together this proposed draft on behalf of the Managed Funds Association, as a paid consultant.
Among other issues, I think the article as it stands is difficult for average readers to comprehend, and I'd like to see it expanded and simplified. Additionally, there's a general lack of third party sources to support information and much of the text is presented in bullet points, rather than prose.
The proposed new draft for this article is in my userspace here: User:16912_Rhiannon/European_Market_Infrastructure_Regulation
Here's a brief summary of the key changes in my draft vs. the current article. The new draft:
- Organizes the expanded article into separate sections:
- An Overview section
- A section outlining the central aspects of the regulation
- A section describing the history of the regulation's formation and approval (both Level 1 and Level 2)
- Clarifies the G20 commitment and how that led to the creation of the regulation
- Explains which parties are covered by EMIR
- Provides some detail on the roles of ESMA and the European Commission in the implementation process
- Adds robust WP:RS sources to support all information included
- Adds an infobox
- Converts all information from bulleted lists into standard text, per WP:PROSE
- Adds a few new categories to bring this in line with other European legislation articles
Please share feedback if you're interested! If everything looks good, I'd appreciate editors' help in moving this live to replace and update the current article. Cheers, 16912 Rhiannon (Talk · COI) 16:11, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
- Done @16912 Rhiannon: The article was, as you pointed out, not great before. Your draft looks much better to me, and as far as I can tell has no major COI issues, so I've implemented it. — crh 23 (Talk) 08:24, 13 May 2016 (UTC)