Talk:Flag of Vermont
|WikiProject United States / Vermont||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Heraldry and vexillology||(Rated Start-class)|
Real flag photo looks better
Re: change at this diff. I don't know if that's the photo of the real flag since I thought I read it was not in that great shape, but it does look better and more realistic than a mere graphic. CarolMooreDC (talk) 01:13, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- The photo of physical flag is a nice image, and does belong somewhere on the Flag of the Green Mountain Boys page. But here it is inconsistent with the other flags which are all graphic representations.
- looking over the other state flag pages, shows the same approach, favoring graphics over photos for informational purposes. The same is also generally true for pages about countries, military units, etc., in that infoboxes use graphics over photos. —MJBurrage(T•C) 10:41, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- Yea, there is no definitive answer, since flags does not seem to be something they worried about on paper until the 1800s. So while it is almost certain that they had a flag or flags they considered to be Vermont flags. All we know know is that none was legally official, and that only the Green Mountain Boys flag can be definitively tied back to the era in question. So did they consider the militia flag to be the Republic's flag, or did they use a flag with the Seal (essentially what we have today). We will probably never know, but the continued use of the GMB flag by both the National Guard and historians as a stand in for a VR flag, gives us what we do have. —MJBurrage(T•C) 18:39, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Flag of Vermont. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20120715132133/http://vt-vexillology.webs.com/greenmountainboys.htm to http://vt-vexillology.webs.com/greenmountainboys.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.