|WikiProject Germany||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Name of the page
Shouldn't this page be called Ruhrstahl SD 1400 X? As I know the Fritz X is only a nickname for this weapon.
More information can be found at: http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/fritz.html For example they say that the base of this weapon was an ordinary 1400kg bomb (PC 1400), hence the 1400 in the name.
If someone got free time for checking and wikifying... Thank you! Talamus 00:18, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
Yeah this article lacks alot of information. It mentions how the guidance system can be jammed, but it doesn't at all explain how the thing was guided and why this was important as (one of?) the first guided missiles in history.--Stevekl 03:01, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
Was it a missile or was it a bomb? I thought a missile needed to be propelled at some stage of its journey, while a bomb just gets dropped.
My ex X, Number One
- "spoofing, in which the missile was given a signal sending it out of control, into a stall or spiralling dive."
Doesn't it also include simply diverting the bomb off-target?
- "lost steam (and thus all power"
Is this necessarily true? It may be in this instance, but I've heard of cases where loss of steam didn't consequently mean loss of all ship's power, & I've a hunch it wasn't that simple, especially when she'd have had diesel auxiliaries, no? TREKphiler hit me ♠ 04:36, 23 August 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Fritz X. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150713021436/http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=15564 to http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=15564
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20040130220821/http://www.rafmuseum.org/cosford/collections/missiles/missile_info.cfm?missile_id=8 to http://www.rafmuseum.org/cosford/collections/missiles/missile_info.cfm?missile_id=8
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.