- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was move. JPG-GR (talk) 04:28, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
Legend of the Glass Fleet → Glass Fleet — I'm not exactly sure where the "Legend of the" part came from, but the literal translation of the Japanese title Garasu no Kantai is Glass Fleet. Glass Fleet is also the title used by Funimation, the English language licensor. —Farix (Talk) 21:46, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's naming conventions.
- Support, the official English title is Glass Feet, and Legend of the seems to have no actual source for being there. -- AnmaFinotera (talk · contribs) 23:12, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support per argument by AnmaFinotera. ···日本穣? · Talk to Nihonjoe 04:41, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Support - clearly the most visible English title. Sephiroth BCR (Converse) 02:51, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Any additional comments:
- Legend of the Glass Fleet is the title used in the English language broadcasts on Animax. The article was moved here because this title is the "most widely-broadcast & aired English title". Can't argue with that.--Nohansen (talk) 00:47, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- The problem with Animax is that it doesn't broadcast in any English language countries. The infobox also suggest that the Animax broadcast was limited to just Japan. --Farix (Talk) 00:55, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- Singapore uses English quite a lot, and if it was broadcast across the SE Asia set of Animax channels, then it was likely broadcast there in English and Chinese. The Philippines also uses English quite a lot (in addition to Spanish and Tagalog). ···日本穣? · Talk to Nihonjoe 04:41, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.