Talk:Glossary of Christianity
|This page was nominated for deletion on 18 August 2009 (UTC). The result of the discussion was Transwiki to Wiktionary.|
|WikiProject Christianity||(Rated List-class, High-importance)|
I'm sure it isn't meant that way, and I'm a little surprised myself, but I find my self mildly offended by the suggestion that this list of terms should be merged with Christianese. — Mark (Mkmcconn) ** 06:34, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
So, I went ahead and did the merge, and then I see the hidden comment not to add anything without it's own article. Since the consenus seemed to be that Christianese didn't warrant it's own article, I decided to ignore this criteria and merge anyway. Beeblbrox (talk) 04:44, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
OR and POV lead - removed
- I think that was unfortunate, since it at least helps to put the glossary in context for people who are not familiar with the Evangelical subculture in America. I suggest reverting the lead and adding sources (surely they can't be that difficult to find). Jonas Liljeström (talk) 17:00, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Speaking of POV, I think it's pretty weird that so many of the definitions try so hard to be non-POV. This is a page about what Christian words mean to Christians. We don't have to talk about everybody else in the world who "anoints" their newborn children with melted dog fat to ward off bedbugs. Nobody will be offended if the glossary actually tells you how the words are used. Alfarero (talk) 01:57, 27 January 2015 (UTC)
I cannot see any really good reason for the two articles to exist separately, particularly given the extreme questionable phrase "figures of speech". I am therefore proposing that that article be merged into this one. John Carter (talk) 15:51, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Glossary of Christianity. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.kabylia.info/observer/spip.php?article94
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071212011435/http://www.bartleby.com/59/5/monotheism.html to http://www.bartleby.com/59/5/monotheism.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.