Talk:Human rights activists
|WikiProject Human rights||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
I noticed that there was a controversy in the pro-life/pro-choice debate about the recognition of abortion providers as human rights defenders. Perhaps this could be mentioned if a sufficent context were provided.  ADM (talk) 04:00, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Defender vs Activist
Human rights activist redirects here. Is there any difference between the two words and if so what is it? In general when a person is described as a human rights activists, would it be a inaccurate to add him/her as human rights defender? Mohamed CJ (talk) 15:49, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
- I think that the expression "human rights activist" may popular under influence of the activism, that seeks social change or lobbying. However "human rights denfender" is more proper for this Article because they are all persons or origanizations "to promote and protect peacefully human rights universally recognized", according to UN Declaration on Human Rights Defenders described in this page. Therefore, the expression "human rights defender" is more proper than "human rights activist" because thay defend rights rathar than to change. United Nations Special Rapporteur also uses "human rights defenders" (see also )--LilyKitty (talk) 11:08, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Human rights activists. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081212022541/http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/defenders/declaration.htm to http://www2.ohchr.org/english/issues/defenders/declaration.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090716184801/http://www.humanrightstulip.org/ to http://www.humanrightstulip.org/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.